on 11 January 2012
The bar is simple in manufacture but all the better for it. It is robust and well made, and has comfortable grips and wrist straps. The resistance is preset and not changable but it is quite tough and If you have weak wrists at first you may find it a little hard going. Overall it is superb and does the job, it works muscles that tend to go unnoticed by using the supplied work out guide you really do get an upper body workout that tests your strength.
on 26 May 2009
I bought this to suppliment other pieces of equipment such as weights so that there is variety in the workout. It is well made and I agree that it does have a good feel to it that encourages usage. I'm very pleased with it and getting good results. Also, it is worth noting that the exercise sheet that comes with it is actually a good workout routine if followed from start to finish. Overall, a good purchase.
on 24 April 2009
I bought this to replace a previous Power Bar which had been used daily for years (the spring becomes slack after a lot of use) and I am very pleased with it.

The Power Bar is simple to use and effective. It firms up shoulders, arms and chest and although it only does one job it does it well. The action of bending the spring gives a good "feel" to the exercise and encourages you to use it.

This new version is smaller and lighter than my old one so fits better in a bag or case, although being a bit smaller you have to use it more to get the same results.

The price is also good I think.
on 8 January 2011
Just another piece of gym kit, well yes but this one does actually work very well. Ok so it's limited, arms and upper body only but rather than say limited how about targeted? You're going to need some upper body strength to start with as the spring is quite powerful, strong hands also you wont want to accidently let go of this under tension althrough it does have 'safety' wrist straps. It's one of those bits of kit you can just pick and use any time any place, just two minutes and you can feel the burn, I do ten reps each at waist, chest and eye level behind head, then repeat. It's how you use it that matters, effort in equals results out! I've been using various gym kit for years and this is the first bit of kit I've been really impressed with and written a review about.
on 12 August 2009
I was looking for something simply to tone the upper body a little and something that takes up little space. I came across this bar and it looked like what I wanted. It was inexpensive too.

Since having it I've found it easy to use - yes, a little limited, but I'm not seeking Charles Atlas status. It works for me and in conjunction with a couple of other pieces of similarly small footprint items helps provide a great exercise routine.
on 1 March 2012
This is a fantastic bit of kit at a great price, well made and does exactly what you'd expect it to. As soon as I opened it and held it I was impressed with the build quality, especially for this price, and it feels like it will last a long time. Initially, I was surprised how easy it was to bend, I was perhaps expecting more resistance, but I've come to appreciate that its the perfect level of resistance if you follow the work out handily supplied with the bar. You definitely feel like you've worked out if you follow the routine, and I've found that muscles that weren't being used with press-ups and free weights ache after a proper session with this bar. The move where you have to bend it behind your back with palms inwards is very difficult indeed! But I'm slowly seeing progress. I combine this with a chest expander and weights for a great upper body workout that is actually enjoyable and delivers results. I must say that the guy advertised using this bar must find it incredibly easy, like bending plastic! But for the average Joe this is a great bit of kit at a great price. A slight word of warning to mr muscle types - if you lose your strength when you are doing the overhead exercise make sure you lift the bar well clear of your head when you release of you'll end up with a nasty headache! I can honestly say this is a bit of home gym kit that will not be collecting dust or thrown in the garage any time soon, good stuff!
on 7 March 2010
This is a very good piece of equipment. Though the strength will always remain the same you can keep it further away or closer to the body to change the impact it has on your muscles. I'm an average guy and my hands literally shake a little when holding it in front of me, it's that good.
on 31 May 2010
I have been after this piece of equipment for such a long time. I had one of these 25 years ago. It provides an excellent upper body workout. The only negative point to me was that the padded hand grips are a little small for my liking, but nevertheless and excellent piece of equipment
on 22 November 2011
I have been using this product for the last month or so, and it really is very handy if you don't have the time for a full session or just a quick workout. It includes a exercise sheet to follow, which is quite handy. So far i've had no problems with the power bar, everything is still in perfect working order. Can use it straight out the box with no assembly or anything required, really easy to use and fun. Just got to put in the time to make the most use out of it now!
on 22 February 2011
This was bought as a Christmas present for my teenage son! It will certainly provide a challenge for him as it is really hard to bend! We had a scream on Christmas day with all the men in the family competing to see who could bend this furthest and fastest! It's not for the lighthearted! It's a well priced product and it's good quality. I would recommend it as a useful and reasonably priced addition to a home gymn!