on 19 September 2014
Birthday gift for my son and he tells me its the best thing since sliced bread. Very very pleased with it. simple to use and caps bottles better than any other that he's had in the past. Brewing more beer now.!!!
on 9 August 2013
Had one of these bought for me as a birthday present. Unfortunately it just came apart on first use as the capper metal bowl gets stuck oto the bottle. Takes great force to separate again, worried that I would slice my hand open with the bottle the amount of pressure I had to exert.

After contacting the seller Brewsmarter they said that this haeppens, and that there is no point in replacing the capper as they all work similarly. Suggest that I should clamp it in a vice - not sure what they mean by that the bottle? The capper?

Not acceptable.

Also the quality of this feels very poor (and proven by the fact that it comes apart after the first use!).

Do not buy this piece of plastic junk.
on 26 January 2011
You might think it's a bit expensive, but I tell you it makes bottling up a dream. 38 pints in 10 minutes tops. I've used the 2 handed ones before and I really struggled. Used some Christmas money and got this and I'm so pleased. Properly good.
on 13 February 2014
Bought this to replace a two handed mangler that I have used for about six months. The two handed ones are fine for an odd brew now and then but after say two kits (80 pints) it starts to become a bit of a worry as to whether it will snap the neck of the bottle.
Anywhooo I digress :)
Used this out of the box on bottles and immediately felt the difference. Bottle in , capped perfectly and out in less than ten seconds. As opposed to the 45 seconds to a minute , depending on how the thing felt :) on my old two handled mangler :)
So even just for the time saving, 40 pints in about ten minutes with this one or 45 minutes with the mangler, you decide.
I know which one I would go for, and did :)
Get one and you will not be let down :)
Great product and , although a lot dearer than a mangler, well worth the price if you make a lot of home brew :)
on 18 November 2015
So far the best crown capper I've used. Looses one star as there isn't a centring device, though I'm being picky.

Hand held tap on capper: difficult to get the correct weight of blow; slow and up to 10% loses; used for two batches of 40, discarded

Two handed capper: used for two years repaired, twice, metal parts bent by neck of bottles; easy to get the right pressure to fix the crown cap, excessive slippage off the bottle neck when worn and several losses. Discarded

The counter top capper: height adjusts to within 1cm/1/2 inch; does grip the bottle as others state, but a little candle wax solves that.
Seems okay for me (12 batches/ 500 bottles a year), fixed to a board, though perhaps not sturdy enough for higher capacity users.
on 9 January 2017
The one pictured (black) is great. I know because I've been using one for a couple of years. This makes capping child's play, literally, my 11 year old daughter loves to cap the bottles after I've filled them. Much faster and less fiddly than the double handed 'clamper' type and safer than the hammer type which do occasionally (and messily) break bottles.

Unfortunately the one I received was red rather than black and was a different design. The red ones have to be screwed to something to avoid tipping towards you when you pull the lever, whereas the black ones (as shown in the picture) do not have to be screwed down. I've sent it back and bought the correct one elsewhere. The seller responded quickly so no major gripes there - to err is human.
on 17 March 2016
Don't go for a hand held capper, go straight for this. Saves so much time. I had to epoxy the capping head back on after first round of bottling as it was coming loose after each bottle. Since then, faultless.
on 26 May 2015
Product is not as displayed in the image. It in fact is RED plastic. I specifically went with this capper from this retailer and paid more because I wanted black - picky I know but feedback was requested.
on 2 October 2013
In the end I didn't need quite such an industrial-looking bottle capper, so never used it and sold it on again.
However I got great feedback on Ebay from the person I sold it to.
on 30 May 2015
This saves so much time, and is so much more reliable, than the two-handle push-down ones. I've never looked back. Never missed a cap yet.

Height adjustment is easy, which is important if you're re-using misc bottles.

I anchored mine to a piece of plywood (about 18" square) - there are holes in the base for this. Makes it nice and stable.

Just buy it!