TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 September 2010
Recently picked this up after not having seen it for more than 10 years, and a worthwhile buy it is too. While recorded in the early 90 if I recall correctly, you'll be definitely be able to tell it in terms of clothing, but not, more importantly in terms of the humour - it is no less potent and has not aged badly at all. The odd reference might be harder to follow for someone not living through it and watching it first time around but over 95% of the wit should work for pretty much anyone.

In the third season Fran Drescher continues as a nanny in the Sheffield household (consisting of widower Mr. Sheffield, his three children and the unforgettable butler Niles). She truly brings life into the household and does the job of allying herself with the kids to have them grow up in a stress free way (for them, not for their father), with a laugh a minute wit and of course her signature voice. Being seen as an impostor (and in some sense as competition) by Ms. CC Babcock, who plays a not very clearly defined role between Mr. Sheffield's assistant and wannabe more than that, adds to the hilarity, as does Niles' support for Fran and perpetual distaste (expressed with an evil glee and dry wit) for CC. In fact he increases his dislike quite considerably since the first series. Fran's extended family is the final dotting of the i's.

It truly works fantastically at many levels, as a low involvement comedy, being more refined at times (Niles does almost as good a job as Stephen Fry in his role as Jeeves in Jeeves And Wooster - The Complete Collection [DVD] [1990]), and it truly stands out for being relatively timeless. A show I can really warmly recommend! It might not have changed or developed much from THE NANNY - Complete Series 1 but is good nevertheless.
on 16 December 2012
I cannot believe these are not available to buy anywhere in Europe, or even online. I only have seasons 1-3. Would love 4-6 also but cannot get them anywhere.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2010
My girlfriend and I love the Nanny, but we usually see her on TV dubbed into German, and, good as the synchronisation is, nothing beats the original. Fran's thick New York-Jewish accent can grate but that is the point of it. It contrasts beautifully with Niles' and Mr Sheffield's very British tones. Niles is a gem with his throwaway lines and his snide digs at C. C. Babcock, and there is a host of other funny characters, like Mum Fine and her mother Yedda, Val the dumb best friend, and even the children. It is American humour, not very subtle and totally in your face, but it is hilarious. Like I said, you either love her or hate her but you cannot ignore her. I bought all 3 seasons which means we can overdose on the Nanny for a while yet. Great value.
on 6 January 2011
I love this show. It makes fun of all kinds (and classes) og people in a humorous but kind way. I love the on screen chemistry between the main characters.
Ii is this series that the romance between Fran and Maxwell begins to develop (very slowly!)

If you watch too many episodes at time, you will probably tire of hearing Fran Dreschers voice (I know I do)
on 10 January 2013
My wife was a big fan of this series when it was first shown in the UK. We had made enquiries a while back about if it was available to buy over here without success. I bought this for a Christmas present and it was perfect. The series is so funny with lots of humourus asides. Well recommended.
on 23 February 2015
i love this series and was looking forward to getting season 3 but unfortunately, this came in a damaged case and it was infact season 2.. if it were the correct one, i would have given it 5 stars
on 1 January 2013
i wish that they would release series 4-6 in the uk. ive have 1-3.this has got to be one of the best comedies that has come out of the USA. I JUST LOVE IT !
on 19 July 2012
The dvd is great! It also arrived very fast.Unfortunantly the box was broken inside and I only notice that once the packet was open.
on 24 May 2009
I really enjoyed watching the nanny again. I must say I'd been waiting for the third season for a while and it was great though I finished it too quickly. I can't wait for the next one!
on 3 January 2017