Customer reviews

on 2 March 2016
A good album but I feel it was little overstretched as a double: Some of the wheat needed to be separated from the chaff.
I would have liked a few more, and clearer spoken word sections, as on the 1st album, As the boys decided to include loads of philosophical speech on the DVD , with only short sections of music, they probably felt they had this covered. However, those who only want the album, which is very expensive anyway, may then feel a bit short-changed. Most of the songs featuring Maxxi Jazz, Franti, Speech and KD Laing are the standouts. It doesn't help that the lyrics for many of the tracks are in another language than English, just because I'd want to know what they are singing about. The slower japanese and Indian themed tracks on CD 2 just serve to test my patience. I recommend just compiling 1 albums worth of the best songs on your MP3 player, which makes a very fine album, which is probably what 1GL should have done originally.
on 29 June 2017
Everyone should listen to this CD or better still watch the DVD - its a masterpiece
on 8 February 2010
This long awaited double CD proves that World music is probably the most evolutionary genre with its fusion of cultures so abundant here and One Giant Leap have proved masterful with this selection. Its truly a wonderful mixture, bringing together great music and philosophy, the best I have ever known in all my years as a `world music`DJ.
on 16 January 2013
Like a lot of people I fell in love with the original 1 Giant Leap album in 2002. In my opinion this double CD album is even better and continues where the last left off. Beautifully constructed and produced it is a joy to listen to. Forget the price tag and buy the album you will not regret it.
on 3 November 2017
A musthave
on 24 September 2011
The product was brand new, still in it's packaging. It was in excellent condition. I thought it would take a while to be delivered but was here within a week.
I am still listening to this CD, i havn't got fed up yet. I'm really happy with the service.
on 10 March 2016
Outstanding. We often forget how beautifully creative and united we are as people. I cannot recommend this music enough
on 5 January 2013
We have watched the DVD several times and bought it for all our friends - it's a combination of music and philosphophy - best thing I have seen for years. Had to have the CD too.
on 17 July 2010
If you liked the first 1 Giant Leap album, please don't be put off by the price tag of this import-only album. Buy it today - it's a great shame (and mystery) that this has not had a full UK release. It is simple a miraculous and continually excellent musical journey. Artists both well-known and obscure are piled one after the other in a sequence that is by turns melodic, joyful, energetic, beautiful, rhythmic and even ecstatic. This is not "world music" as I would define it, as it is always underpinned by the duo's excellent contemporary production values. Whilst the first album was perhaps more a series of good tracks, this second album goes one step further, forming an almost unbroken musical collage which is astonishingly coherent given the disparate nature of the various contributions. Yes, those out there who listen only to mainstream chart pop may well balk at some of the Arabic wailing and often foreign language lyrics, so it's not for everyone (and it's their loss)- but this is as good as this kind of music gets and I absolutely love it. It's a work of rare genius, and even at £28, it's a two-hour double CD and still excellent value for money - there is not a duff minute on it. Wholeheartedly recommended.
on 4 April 2010
Waited 7 long years for this......and loving it. Not easy to follow such an original, soulful and beautifully compiled CD as the first '1 Giant Leap' but this is right out of the same top drawer. The tracks that have already become familiar to my ears possess that same magic and I know the others are only going to grow. Just love a CD at this early stage of appreciation.