on 23 June 2017
I'm a huge fan of Billy Joel so bought this CD to be able to listen to him in the car. With 18 tracks for £3 it is good value for money and includes many of his biggest hits, including some that are capable of transporting me to exact times and places in my past.

A couple of issues prevented me from giving this CD five stars. First up Piano Man has been butchered. I can't ever understand including a radio edit on a particular artist's CD, unless as an extra track. If you're buying a greatest hits you want the whole song, not one someone seems to have attacked with a machete. Secondly there are some glaring omissions, like Scenes from an Italian Restaurant and Downeaster Alexa, without these it's hard to get on board with the title 'the very best of'.

It is a bargain though, especially with the free autorip when you purchase the CD.
on 30 August 2006
When Billy Joel belatedly hit the big time in the mid 1970s it was "Piano Man" that gave him the break. It's a great song both lyrically and musically, and stands out even in the context of this collection of undoubted quality, and deserves to be the title song of such a compilation.

So why, oh why, then, did some idiot see fit to include only a shortened version of this, his first and arguably finest hit? Why edit out the bluesey piano introduction, and then cut from the first half of verse two straight into the second half of verse three, losing some poignant and descriptive lyrics in doing so? Surely if they were pushed for space on the CD they could have economised elsewhere, rather than devalue such a great favourite. Only four stars for that reason, I'm afraid.
on 12 May 2017
All his best and more. Great cd collection of songs from a supreme performer.
on 17 March 2017
HE HAD SOME GREAT HITS ALL HERE FOR £3 FOR 18 TRX GREAT VALUE
on 15 August 2015
I LOVE Billy Joel, but I gave that away because I don't have a CD player. I originally bought it for my two great nieces, but wasn't sure whether they would enjoy it. I gave it away to someone who REALLY wanted it for her mum, who is a Billy Joel fan like me.
on 26 April 2017
still enjoying this great CD ,every track a winner
on 13 March 2017
great cd
on 18 July 2017
I love his music so thought I would get this from music magpie case was a bit battered and quite a few of the songs kept jumping. I know it was a second hand one but it was very poor won't be using music magpie again will buy brand new
on 2 June 2016
If you like Billy Joel you will like this. was an excellent price.
on 13 March 2017
(Nearly) all the best songs that we remember from years back. Great album for bringing back the memories of our youth, well, middle age anyway!