on 2 February 2016
Cant fault this. it's a great present to buy a son whose interested in space . . . for all of 2 mins past xmas. It now lives under his bed. But it really is a great telescope. You'll need to buy the accessory kit to get any real use from it though.
on 6 February 2016
I am really pleased with my telescope, it is very easy to assemble and use. We have had thick cloud cover since it arrived but I did manage to get a lovely view of the moon one night. Although you do not need the moon filter to see it well I will be getting one so I can see more detail. I think this is a great telescope for beginners like me.
on 15 January 2016
Love staring at the moon with my 5 year old son, the product is very well made and is well packaged.

It arrived very quickly and in time for my sons birthday.

I cannot comment on whether it would be good enough for keen astronomers - but it does exactly what I require of it (as first timers).
Very happy and it looks nice too.
on 4 January 2016
Finally got to try this out on a clear night & my 8 yr old was very impressed. I'd give it 5 stars if the instructions were in English- it does state this in the details so my fault for not noticing. Possibly worth paying a little more for those. Still lots to learn about how to use it, but so far it's been a hit for just getting an idea of how many more stars are out there that you can't see with your eyes alone.
on 18 August 2014
A good all round telescope for the price, have used it on many occasions during the winter months when their as been clear nights
to view the stars, planets and other parts of the night sky,. It's very easy to navigate and with the right lens plus a barlow eyepiece
which I use with my other Celestron 114mm telescope, will increase the magnification.

Can also be used during the day light hours if you want to watch wildlife or birds I tend to use an erecting eyepiece for best results.
well recommended. .
on 2 January 2016
Great as a starter kit we looked at a few different ones & didn't want anything to difficult to use after reading the reviews on this we decided to go for it and very pleased we did! We love it!
on 21 October 2013
this is a good wee telescope for starters or for camping is small and not a lot of parts is light if you are new to stargazing it is wise to start with this scope to get you knowing what your doing and get better eyepeices after few weeks plossl is good in this scope it is good for someone with a small budget cheap and you can better eyepeices as you get payed
on 14 January 2013
I have never owned a telescope before and wanted something to learn about astronomy with. The Firstscope took all of 10 minutes to unpack and set up. I was able to use it the first day it came and clearly observed several star clusters and Jupiter and three of it's moons. I know I will want a bigger telescope soon, but this scope will be great to learn with, especially as it's so portable and easy to use. I wanted my first experience of owning a telescope to be positive and grab my interest and the Firstscope has done that. I recommend it for anyone whatever age who is thinking of astronomy as a hobby.
on 3 May 2012
I am an absolute beginner to Astronomy and bought this after reading reviews.
It's a bit fiddly and hard to focus, but tonight I got really good views of the moon,craters and all!
Also managed to see crescent of Venus last week although it was tiny. I plan to get a better lens and a moon filter.
Takes a bit of patience, but would recommend for the price and it does look great sitting on my bookcase.
on 12 April 2015
Just beginners at this but this is great. I was really surprised at how big and bright the moon is through it.
Easy to set up.
Haven't managed planets yet but getting there.