4 Tier Shelving Unit
Colour: Black|Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:£17.99+ Free shipping

on 11 March 2013
I purchased these shelves to place a couple of servers on and a printer, with them being able to hold 20 kg per shelf they seemed like the ideal solution to what would otherwise be a very expensive rackmount frame.

The shelves feel strong and appear to be made of a very strong plastic, and I would trust them to support the 20 kg however they are very wobbly, and you certainly need to distribute the weight carefully. I didn't dare place the servers on them and instead used them as a general tool shelf for boxes of cable.

If you buy them, ensure you only point light weight stuff on the top, and the heavy stuff on the bottom to help distribute weight, fine for a storage but not for anything that you would want to be dropped if they did end up falling over!
VINE VOICEon 24 February 2014
I need is some simple shelving that could stand - relatively out of sight - in an alcove in the kitchen. It would be used to hold various items and tools that were 'nice' to have to hand.

This unit filled the bill; it was quite easy to assemble and, once screwed back to the wall, was secure enough to carry various plastic boxes and other items. OK, I wouldn't put too much weight on the shelves but, provided this limitation is recognised, it's an extremely useful, extremely functional and relatively inexpensive item.

Delivery was better than promised and the packing - bearing in mind what was being packed - was adequate if somewhat basic.
on 16 January 2014
These are some good shelves. They come un-assembled so the package is nice and compact, and then once assembled, which is easy to do, they become humble, low-profile, pretty solid shelves. I currently have mine with only 3 tiers stacked on the floor, with the 4th tier on top of some drawers, so you can reconfigure them a little which is good. My item had a hole-terminator that was a little broken, but I wasn't too fussed, it is hardly noticable and definitely not worth sending back over.

One thing to note is that it may look a little cheap on close inspection, as the edges of the plastic are a little frayed. But again, the usability and simplicity of the product outweighs these little imperfections.
on 21 March 2016
This isn't as strong as the other shelving I've bought.
I ended up taking it apart again and not using it as I found I didn't have the confidence that it would still be standing when I came back.
I'd say that if you are planning on using this for light storage then this is probably for you. For me, I needed something to store tools on, this wasn't up to the job. There was quite a bit of wobble when I put any weight on it.
on 17 February 2013
Easy to assemble, not too big so fits easily in small garage, but the feet don't fit neatly: 3 are faultless, but the 4th one won't go in so I have a wonky unit, and had to compensate using cardboard. I had to cut off some bits of plastics that remain after the moulding process, so finish at the places where the assembly needs to be done is not perfect. Any visible part looks well finished though. Maybe I just got unlucky with my pack, and for the price, I put up with using cardboard to make up for the missing centimeters...
on 29 April 2013
Not fancy and not the best finish, you do have to use a bit of force to bash those feet in because they do not fit properly. Otherwise it was simple enough to put together. I wanted this for an odd space in the hot water closet to store towels. Lightweight and easily removed if we ever need access to the water tank. I'm not sure that this would hold very much weight, but it was perfect for my needs. I would say read the other reviews here as they seem to have got it about right. For the price it's good and does the job. Just wish the feet had been a better fit.
on 18 December 2013
I needed some shelving for a small space in our utility but couldn't see anything suitable. Then I saw these at a good price. They arrived well packed and very quickly which was a bonus. I only needed to use two tiers but I used the other two in a storage box so two jobs for the same price. Very easy to put together and stable they are made of sturdy black plastic in common with other plastic shelving systems. Recommended if you require smaller plastic shelving and need them quickly.
on 11 December 2012
These shelves are ideal for small height spaces, such as under-stairs cupboards or loft spaces. I bought a similar unit from a high street DIY store for £4 more, so the price on amazon was spot on.

No tools are required to assemble the shelving, just slot each piece into the next - they are fairly snug so some pressure may be required. Don't, however hit it with a hammer, as the plastic is fairly brittle and will shatter, as I have learned.

I have one in the under-stairs cupboard, along with a Philips SpotOn LED Motion Sensor Hands Free Light, White, One-Pack so I can see and another shelving unit in the loft to keep it organsied.
on 29 July 2014
Watch the dimensions when you buy this. I could not believe I'd been so stupid as buy something this small, it was practically useless. If you are aware of the dimensions then I can't really fault this for build quality and price. Hence 4/5. I was going to give 3 stars but then that would be mostly because I didn't read the damn description...
on 19 April 2015
This is ok for the price. Some of the risers don't actually fit on the top of the unit, so once erected the unit has holes at the top. I don't really mind as I bought for kids playroom to stack their toys on, but wouldn't buy again. Probably better in a garage or shed. That said, it's lightweight but fairly sturdy so overall it does the job.