on 28 October 2016
I had hoped this would be an inexpensive method to provide a hard plastic case for my iPod Classic. To this end it almost does that which it was purchased for barring a couple of features which stop it from getting a 5-star rating.
1. The two halves of the case have a tendency to become separated and that leaves the iPod dangling!
2. The size of the data cable hole isn't quite the right size/shape, requiring removal of the iPod when charging or adding to the music etc.
3. The belt loop tends to detach itself from the case resulting in a belt loop securely attached to the belt, but the iPod and its case attached only to headphones and hence your ears - ouch!!!
on 6 November 2013
This clear plastic case fits and worked well on my iPod classic.

Initially it fitted and stayed together. However, as I dock my iPod regularly, I need to remove it from the case and have noted that the two halves of the case no longer snaps back in place to hold the iPod.

I would therefore not recommend this where the user is going to remove the iPod with any frequency as may be the reason why the case no longer snaps together.
on 25 May 2017
Fits perfectly
on 8 April 2017
The screen got scratched really easily and made it unuseable
on 21 January 2011
Having just had to buy a new i-Pod as my previous one broke due to me dropping it, I thought I would splash out and buy a protective cover. This does the job, is very well priced (look at how much they cost on the apple website) and was delivered promptly!
on 21 June 2014
Returning this case - is a shame as there are not many cases available for the ipod classic anymore. Case feels cheap and where the belt clip attaches to the case it sticks out on the inside and would scratch the ipod - or if you don't attach it there is a hole in the back for dirt to get in and scratch it also. Doesn't feel like it would last very long.
on 21 February 2011
I bought one of these case a year and a half ago and I'm very satisfied with the purhase. The case provides great protection and my 3 year old iPod classic (this is the second case I've had for it) has very few scratches on its stratch-prone metal back. Also, having dropped my iPod numerous time, even on cement, it is still running, a fact that I'm certain this case deserves a lot of credit for.
on 18 January 2011
This is a very nice case for my iPod and with my iPod in it I feel like it is very well protected and it makes it look much more stylish and it makes it look AWESOME I love this case and I encourage EVERYONE who has an iPod classic to get this case
on 19 December 2011
I have 2 ipods - one small 8gb & one large 160gb. Bought at different times, I purchased the clear case for the smaller one & a silicon case for the larger one {as it was difficult to dock on a stereo with the case on.} When I compare the 2 ipods now - both used for the same things & have been through same amount of wear & tear {running, general listening} the smaller ipod which was protected w/this plastic case is IMMACULATE - virtually NO scratches or marks but my larger, more expensive ipod which had the silicon case as protection is chipped, scratched etc - I have now replaced with this case as it is the only one IMO that offers 90-100% protection. Only snag is that is doesn't dock well {if you have a larger ipod anyway - the smaller ones dock no bother} but TBH, having to take the case off just to dock & listen to ur tunes for a few hours is a small price to pay when you see the level of protection it offers. Great product - BUY THIS IF YOU LOVE YOUR IPOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 19 August 2013
I bought this around Christmas for the ipod classic I got from my family. As my third ipod I wanted to protect it as it is much bigger than the Ipod nano (5th Gen) so thought it would get scratched more easily and it is a lot more expensive.

Read other reviews before buying and they were all quite mixed, I bought it anyway and I was happy with the product. It did the job, I have my ipod in my pocket a lot and listen to it at night so wanted a bit of protection.The only bit not covered was the dial (mostly just wanted screen protected). I didn't quite realise that after I had it clipped on it would break the seal, I decided to clean it a few months later as it had gotten really dirty, I took it apart very gently and basically would never clip back together again. I used invisible tape to stick it together which made it look really tacky, I thought this brilliant as I thought considering how cheap it then looked people wouldn't be tempted to steal it. However again a few months later it needed cleaning again as bits of dust and dirt were getting trapped inside so I gave up, I have now bought a black (synthetic) leather case that opens up and haven't used it much as only arrived today but hopefully will have less problems with the dirt.

On the whole, It does a good job, if you're not too worried about the Ipod getting scratched and dirty, lasted me 8 months so not bad considering I only bought a new one because I was fed up with having to stick new tape on it again and again.