on 11 December 2012
No problems with the unit works well On the minus side the traffic info goes down and you lose the traffic info
on 29 July 2009
I bought this Sat Nav as I needed one for myself, bought a Tom Tom One for my girlfriend about 3 years ago. Did as much research as possible and wanted to keep within a budget of £150.00. The Navigon 2310 seemed to fit the bill and it has certainly ticked all the boxes for me, Full European mapping, lane assist, picks up signal withthin 5 minutes and is acurate. The display is very clear and easy to see in the day and at night. Re-routing is very quick and also acurate. I haven't tried it in Europe yet, but around the south east of England it hasn't faultered or lost signal. It's solid and comes with a great windscreen mount which is also solid and actually works. In summary, a great looking unit which has lots of features and works perfectly. Highly recomended!
25 people found this helpful
on 19 December 2009
Whilst i'm extremely happy to finally have a satnav and not feel lost wherever i go, the Navigon does have it's flaws. Firstly, the traffic updates are merely a picture of piled up cars and tend to come up right when you're in the middle of traffic, and not befoe you get there. The Navigon doesn't seem to have all London streets on it, so you sometimes have to put a dfferent postcode in for a nearby area and then use your A-Z to work out the last few steps. The Navigon doesn't seem to run without being connected to the cigarette lighter, which can sometimes be a bit cumbersome. Finally, a couple of times the sat nav seems to get lost, meaning you have to either pull over till it sorts itself out, or keep driving and hope for the best.

Positives are, the sound is great and so are the instructions. It looks sleek and sexy and fits into my handbag very easily. Overall, it gets me to where i need to go, so can't really ask for more i guess.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 30 December 2011
Mine is exactly the same as other reviews I have seen - useless at getting a satellite lock for at least 15 mins, sometimes 30 mins by which time I have got to my destination. It's not my car screen as it is the same in all vehicles and even when I have experimented with it stationary on my driveway out of the car. It's still under warranty but from other reviews it is normal for this model. Needless to say I won't buy another Navigon unit, ever. Navigon, if you are reading this, you have a problem with this unit and lots of unhappy customers - sort it out!!

Avoid this unit at all costs.
on 7 December 2009
I purchased this because of the good specification. Unfortunately it is very poor at acquiring the satellites.
All I ever see is the `searching for satellites screen' and then the screens showing the various features.
The unit has been back to the seller and also the manufacturer. In each case they reported that there were no faults. I then bought a Navigon Home Charger so that I could start the navigation process well before leaving, since the battery capacity is not very big. A minor problem was that the charger came without a U.K. plug, so I had to get one from the manufacturer.
My last attempt to use the unit was on a journey of about 40 miles.
I started it more than half an hour before leaving. About 15 minutes into the trip it started to give directions for the last few hundred yards and then announced that we had arrived. I restarted the navigation, and despite being in a very slow traffic jam for some time, it failed to find any satellites. For the return journey I again started it well before leaving, but nothing happened until after I had taken it indoors, when it came to life and confirmed that we were home.
I have no idea why it is so poor. There is nothing odd about the car and we don't have a heated screen.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 June 2010
We needed a Sat Nav for most of Europe - Western and Central, and this meets those needs exactly without having to purchase extra maps. It looks sleek, is easy to use and will hopefully stop us from getting too lost!
on 2 December 2009
This is a real value for money. Compact in size and design but full pack in features.
|11 Comment|Report abuse