Customer reviews

Torchwood - Series 2 Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 2 August 2017
loved the series great quality.
on 13 June 2017
excellent
on 22 July 2017
excellent
on 17 June 2017
great and a fair price
on 27 March 2013
great way to see all the torchwood episodes as small and compact i love torch wood hope there is still more to come after the 4 series
on 5 April 2017
Not Doctor Who but awesome nonetheless ☺
VINE VOICEon 12 March 2008
I have to say it is disappointing that some people are still criticising Torchwood for the gay scenes - dear me I think it is time to join the rest of us in the 21st Century where (gasp) there are same sex relationships.

Still: to the res. This is a massive improvement on the occasionally uneven first season, the writing is sharper and wittier and because they are easing up on the SFX it is not over-reliant of CG (which occasionally marred the last season). Even better then that there are some real laughs in this series.

The 'special guests' have also fit in well - like it's sister show Doctor Who - they are not simply wheeled in for the sake of it. Alan Dale is nicely sinister (how far he has come from Ramsey Street) and James Marsters looks to be having enormous fun as Captain John.

So ignore the naysayers and enjoy!
on 16 September 2009
This series is absolutly brilliant, after purchasing the first series on box set i just had to buy this one too. I love all the characters especially captain jack. I love the way it is written to appeal to the adult audience and funny and sad moments make you want to watch it over and over. Highly recommend this series.
on 6 May 2008
Ok, as I write this I am prepared for a lot of critisim. So deep breath and here it goes.

I prefer this to Dr Who. OK, there said it! Don't get me wrong I loved season 2 and 3 of the parent show but for me Torchwood has got that edge that Dr who seems to lack. I don't know what it is, but I found myself more upset that Torchwood hadn't recorded than when the latest Dr who failed.

It just seems to me to deal with more the human emotion behind situations that the gang end up in, than Dr who does. They took risks in teh second season which only improved it. Case in point. the last episode. Not since the Great Joss Whedon has any show had the guts to kill off one main player. Yet Torchwood gave you the sucker 1-2 punch by killing two. All in a matter of minutes. the dramatic impact of that isn't lost.

Here we have Torchwood facing a new era, with two of its main players no longer with the team. the possiblity of a third drifitng off hangs high in the air. You just don't know what is going to happen in season 3. (which there better be!)

then we have the fantastic James Masters as Captain Jacks opponent/love-intrest/ex! He was fantastic and a joy to watch. He had all the ego of Spike (Mr Masters previous character in Buffy and Angel), but with a bit more gutso.

there is the usual filler episodes and those which don't match the same standard, but overall a great series.

***** out of 5.
on 4 March 2008
Torchwood's great: it's a good mix of semi serious 'dark' (their word!) sci fi and fluffy fun with a generous dose of sheer humanity. ('tho those who bring this out aren't always human!) The much maligned (and celebrated) snogging between same/opposite sexes and aliens is a part and parcel of the whole series aim to present the bizarre within a very normal (Welsh) world. The snogging, the cameraderie, the Cardiff backdrop are the normal bit and I strongly recommend you allow your kids to watch it because guys do snog guys and gals gals and the sooner they accept this, the sooner the world will become a more pleasant place to live in. Torchwood Series 2 has been pre-watershed-ed to make it more watchable by kids and they've taken out some of the violence. I'm pre-ordering despite being only part way thru the series on TV because I applaud Russell T Davies and his team for making ground-breaking, mould-breaking TV within the genre least likely. Oh, and let's face it, JB IS eye candy!
88 Comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse