on 25 March 2017
Does the job, have not wall mounted it as very heavy and would probably tear away from a plasterboard wall. I use it flat on towel. Crushing tin cans is really hard, but juice cans are very easy.
on 23 March 2015
I've tried many similar products over the Years and none have been fit for purpose.
In terms of its core purpose this is an exception but I'm still not convinced that it will be as effective when cruising tin cans.
However for everyday can crushing this is first rate and highly recommend.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 April 2017
Got one of these as a result of a recommendation from a friend. Having a very 'thirsty' husband means my can recycling bin fills up very quickly, this has helped loads and it's secretly quite fun doing the crushing! Would recommend denting the can slightly before crushing as makes it easier and food cans are quite tough but does reduce them in size somewhat.
on 26 April 2017
Seems robust at the moment as long as you are not to rough & start by denting the can.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2014
Having used this type of can crusher before I was a little sceptical, but having read the reviews I am very pleased to concur with the excellent reviews of this product, it's sturdy, it does exactly what it says on the tin I highly recommend it. I would definitely use ThinkRecycling's services again.
on 17 May 2017
Fine and dandy. Crunch every time =- great fun. Keep your fingers clear.
on 5 January 2017
This is amazing. Wish I bought one sooner! It saves a lot of space now in my recycling box
on 15 September 2009
We needed a can crusher because our new recycling system is happy to have cans in the general household waste (gets sorted out later on, they tell us ....). With 2 dogs to feed, not to mention our own use of the odd can food or indeed beverage , the bin bag was in danger of overflowing. As the man of the house seemed to think can crushing came under the same general heading as ironing and remembering where things are kept, I decided to take the plunge and purchase one for myself. I must admit to having been a bit concerned about the general strength and durability of can crushers, but this one is fantastic! Very heavy duty indeed, and makes short work of all types of can. For lightweight (drinks type) cans, give them a gentle squeeze around the middle, then put them upright in the crusher and squash away. For heavier cans, a squeeze round the top (just to make it slightly oval rather than round) then on it's side in the crusher - open end away from you - crush once, then if required, stand the semi-crushed can on end and crush again. Surprisingly enough, I seem to get very little chance to crush cans these days - probably because it's so easy, even a man can do it ...
11 Comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2017
Does exactly what it should, given us lots more space in our recycling bin
on 19 March 2017
This arrived right on time and does exactly what it says. It crushes the cans which then take up a lot less space in the recycling bin. I always crease them a little in the middle and they crush easier.