on 15 November 2017
Perfect for watching tv or movies on my Asus 3S 10 tablet as the sound quality you get from this little speaker is miles better than any tablet or phone speaker that I've heard. You can also increase the bass by expanding the height of the speaker which is a useful feature that other speakers dont have. The sound quality is surprisingly good for something so small. It actually rivals the sound quality from some much larger yamaha computer speakers that i use with my tv.

The reason it doesn't get a full five stars is because within a short time of buying it, one side of the speaker pops up because the plastic catch that holds it down broke. I now use an elastic band to keep it down. Also, after a few years of regular use, the short cable on it has worn away so much that the connection is gone and it no longer works.
on 11 August 2017
My sister bought this speaker quite a few years back and it seemed quite good so i thought i would buy it. Firstly the speaker itself is very flimsy, once it expands trying to close it back together was proving quite difficult as only one side would close properly. So the product itself did not feel worth the money. The sound of the product is okay if the area you are in is not too loud. However the quality is not great.

Having said this this speaker enables you to connect to more spealers of the same type so this may make the sound quality better.

However the product overall was a major let down.
on 2 October 2014
Whilst I was very happy at first with this product. I have had to return both of these speaker balls. I chose this product because I have one already and found it to be brilliant. Both of these balls seemed to short/ have faulty wiring as after only the second use I had to send one back as it stopped transmitting any sound. The second one again after only a couple of uses started to crackle and intermittently loose sound.
As expected Amazon have been brilliant about the return of these items and I have already received a refund for one of these and am awaiting the second. I am just disappointed that this product did not live up to its reputation.
on 12 December 2010
make no mistakes this is not a replacement for your stereo system. having said that if you are looking for a decent small speaker for your ipod or anything with the 3.5 mm headphone jack this is the one you want. the speaker is small and opens up with a twist to let the sound out more, there is a volume control on the side a built in jack lead and a charge status light. the sound is good and far exceeds my built in nano speaker which is a joke. i love this little speaker and it comes with a usb charge lead and a carry pouch, which they both fit in no probs. if you want a well built good little speaker with decent sound that is totally portable then this is the one you want. i will be taking it camping and on my hols with my ipod.....may even get another...
on 16 February 2017
If you are an aficionado of sound, then you can buy superior pieces of kit which will give you far better sound quality but will also cost a fair bit more but if you are like me and need something small & simply for holidays for a small cost then this is perfect
on 30 July 2015
Purchased as a gift which was well received. Upon receipt we opened it to compare to my Kitsound speaker and have to say, this one is MILES better. The best mini speaker I've used certainly. It is now being used hooked up to a tablet for watching TV and works very well for that purpose.
on 21 May 2017
I am surprised and impressed by the amount of sound that comes out of this speaker, especially given how tiny it is. Easy to take away on holiday or a day out as it's so small but makes a good level of sound and isn't tinny.
on 19 July 2017
I don't know how I managed before without my little speaker - my experience has been that the first broke within a year and constantly lost power. However this one has been a handy, robust little thing and keeps going strong even through periods of no available power to charge it.
I would most definitely buy this again for the price.
on 2 July 2017
My daughter uses this for her phone and tablet and, from such a small speaker, the sound is pretty good. You can either charge it up or run it from a latop, charger, etc. Looks great and really portable
on 14 May 2017
Excellent build quality and sound. Too good for such a small & inexpensive product.