7,729

on 16 May 2012
I have had 2 of these speakers, both of which have stopped working after little more than a year of pretty infrequent use. I have had to return both to Amazon who have kindly arranged for me to be refunded my money. I replaced the first one with a '2nd generation' model, but this wasn't any better. I think the manufacturer merely changed the colour without doing anything about the electronics. I certainly won't be buying anything from this manufacturer again!!
on 22 March 2016
Had to get a refund on this. Looked, felt and sounded like a cheap copy. Poorly made, with rough and inaccurate moulding, mis-aligned driver unit, etc. Didn't even come with the promised bag. Avoid.
on 2 April 2012
These speakers are insane - I actually sometimes plug them into the headphone socket of my tv or laptop as the sound is that much better. Guaranteed to make your housemates hate you and the charge lasts for ages - I've had mine for about 6 months and have only charged them once despite using them fairly frequently. If you're sitting on the fence - don't! Just buy them!

M.
on 13 December 2013
I bought one of these as a present as my own was such a good buy.

The actual product looks the same from the outside, but it does not come in the original X-mini packaging as my original but a cheap cardboard box, doesn't come with the carry bag and the specification sheet doesn't state the same 12 hour play back time. From what I can see, this is cheap copy being passed off as the original

I hope I am proved wrong, and the person getting this as a present wont be disappointed!

Sell copies if you must, but at least be honest about it!
on 20 February 2013
As a owner of The X-Mini 2nd gen speaker i wanted to buy a second one as my partner steals mine to use with her laptop everyday, I saw the UNO and thought id give it a try as i was very happy with their other products.

Although it looks similar to the 2nd Gen speaker, the Uno is slightly heavier due to the added weight which stops the unit from bouncing at high volumes which in turn causes less vibration

The Uno has a much more detailed sound, i notice less distortion in the bass frequencies giving a more accurate sound but i also notice the detail right up the audio spectrum to the highs which are also more detailed and less clouded.

its more than double the price of the older units but still a steal at £40.
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2009
This is the biggest surprise in a long while, these are mental. The clarity and the bass are stunning WHEN YOU CONSIDER THEIR SIZE. You forget after a while that your listening to speakers smaller than a tennis ball. For the money these are a massive must for ipod imac traveling. Brought two which just adds even more depth to the whole sound. You will not regret these.flippin mental.
on 7 July 2012
these sound great and are a fantastic product... but i've had three of them and EVERY time i purchase on the lead into the speaker goes, usually after about 4 months, rendering it useless. brilliant product, major design fault. sort it out x-mini!!!
on 18 June 2009
I am so sceptial about cheap products as they are cheap for a reason these days but this product bucks that trend. Amazing sound for something so little. I immediatley bought another one after having the first one with a splitter lead two as i was so impressed. If your looking for small speakers for your i pod then these are waiting for you.... fantastic for something so little.
on 26 September 2012
Bought one of these some months ago, and at first thoguht it was awesome, which if it still worked it would be. Its a funky and useable design and produced a fair enough sound for the price, more bass than my laptop speakers anyway -the reason I bought it.
Used it like two times and has been sitting in my draw safely, not moved or anything, just waiting there for when I need it. Tried it again to use while I was working on something and now has the tempremantal thing of not producing sound! The thing its meant to do, the connection inside is loose or something, so you move it about, but then deteriorates the sound. Very annoying, as it would be a great little speaker if it was made well and durableenough to sit in a draw -and its meant to be a travel speaker!
Wrote to the company and no response (of course), nothing, no acknowledgement -nothing -RUBBISH COMPANY -DONT BUY -WILL DEFFINITELY BREAK -EVEN IF YOU DONT USE IT!!
Very dissapointed - wish someone would makeone of good quality unlike rubbish x-mini.com!!
88 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 May 2016
If only I had read the recent reviews here first! I bought one of these a few years ago and just assumed I would get the exact same item again - how wrong I was! It looks a pretty good match, the packing is excellent, but it is lighter than my old one and the sound quality is inferior - if you want to listen loud it is awful. Bought from Eprosperous in China - I have now received confirmation from the manufacturer that this is a fake.

Update 24/05/16: So, I got a refund from Eprosperous straight away, no problems. Ordered another one from Amazon themselves - this arrived with the lid off the packaging, everything rattling loose in their box and there was no serial number at all on the bottom. Arranged a return and replacement, only to receive another exactly the same but also with the USB cable missing. I have now received confirmation from the manufacturer that both of the speakers received from Amazon were also FAKES.