on 28 September 2010
Bought this as a download for my 8 year old who has gotten into The Fresh prince of Bel Air starring Will Smith from the late eighties. He has also been watching Men In Black and seen the music video on You Tube. This further piqued his interest and we allowed him to access other Will Smith music videos. Hence he asked us to buy him this album. It has all of his hits aside from "Boom! Shake the room," and in fact has served as a great reminder that rap was not always edgy and built around urban struggle or how many girls you could get; but about having a laugh and dancing. There is no real standout although "Summertime" will always be the wifes favourite as it takes her back to her partying days of that particular summer.Shame its not the full 12" inch mix. For me the little known "1,000 kisses" sampling Luthers Never Too Much" sang with wife Jada Pinkett is probably the favourite. If you are looking for a fun, slice of bubble gum party music then you could do worse. Ideal for getting the feet tapping when the barbecue is moving into the evening session or alternatively for when you play musical chairs at your kids parties! Not an essential by any means but worth having if only for the nostalgia value.
on 27 November 2007
This is a great listen. We start with the beginning with the immature songs like 'Parents just don't understand' and 'Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble'. It's incredible to think that he began with this bubblegum rap and how he has seriously matured with his latest album 'Lost and found' which is a masterpiece. Will began with some fresh, fun tunes and amazingly there are even vocals from DJ Jazzy Jeff in here which I was surprised with! Will has changed hip hop forever and you can see that in here, he is just a remarkable songwriter. It's all clean sounding, no swearing and no violence; all straight up, friendly but meaningful rap. The best song on here has to be 'Men in black' - but that's to my tastes! From beginning to end, if you think you like Will Smith then you should definetly get this.
An important note is that this version comes with 3 extra tracks - Wild wild west, Nod ya head (remix) and Just the 2 of us - a little soppy for my liking but a nice surprise to have these 3 extras!
If you don't have it already then you should definetly get 'Lost and found' with the 2 released tracks Switch and Party starter and the unreleased track that was pondered for release, the incredible meaningful Tell me why. If you like Will's more immature sounds then buy his old albums, but if you like your music mature then purchase 'Lost and found'. You don't have to be a rap fan to like Will Smith because I know that I'm not - I'm just a Will fan! My musical tastes vary from Linkin Park to Elvis Presley, so you know that I just have great taste! Watever you do buy 'Lost and found' - the greatest hip hop album of all time - fresh, clean and incredibly meaningful - it changed my life. Will has changed my life through his music and his acting in my favourite movie - Men in black. Everything about the guy is so cool and heartfelt. He has changed my life - let him change yours!
on 8 December 2002
What can you say when one of raps biggest and best stars release a greatest hits album? This album is immense 15 A1 tracks from Will Smiths glorious past. It goes from the brilliant 'Girls Aint Nothin But Trouble' through to the genius of 'Just The 2 Of Us' everything between is great. If you cannot listen to the album through how do you pick? Its a hard but always rewarding choice! You've heard all the tracks before but they are always so fresh and there is nobody like him. You put this album and it instantly cheers you up, this mans wit and clever word play puts a smile on the saddest of faces. In the world of gangsta rap this man is dissed for not being a hater or needing every other word to be bleeped out on the radio but he does not need to, he's had worldwide success without following the trend. Tracks such as 'Nightmare on My Street' & 'Parents Just Don't Understand' are taken from his Fresh Prince days and offer fun tracks and could come straight out of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. You then have his more recent hits such as the great summer tune 'Miami' the bouncing flow of 'Gettin Jiggy Wit It' and his latest cut '1000 kisses' which show different sides to his character, his fun loving side and his sensitive side. His tracks from film are also on here but its the remix of 'Black Suits Coming' which is a shame because the orginal is superior. If there is any downside to this album it is that it does not contain the number 1 party anthem 'Boom Shake The Room' which is one of his best tracks. We have just got to pray that because he has released his greatest hits album he does not decide to call it a day music wise and concentrate on films. It would be a great loss to the music industry.
on 29 July 2010
Will Smith is a great all rounder but his music seems to have been forgotten somewhat. This compilation includes some of his early stuff, the fun pop catchy tunes like Girls aint nothin but trouble, and the Fresh prince theme. Some of the movie stuff is in there too and you can hear the evolution of his style as you listen through the album. While he may be an A list actor now this album serves to remind us where he started and if you're a fan it's a must. Great tracks, great price. Buy it!
on 21 May 2015
A great album full of some of Will's finest hits. However, the actual disk is not as advertised on Amazon. Immagine my dissapointment when I discover that the much anticipated CD that I ordered contained not 30 amazing tracks as listed, but rather a mere 15. Whilst there is no denying that the amount of enjoyment I will experience is, of course, still incredibly high, it is quite literally HALF the amount of audiological indulgence that I was expecting upon purchasing this item.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 8 January 2008
I love this album, and what a bargain it is! I think the most refreshing thing about it is that it carefully balances the ideas of early rap and 90's hip-hop - those being the smooth and 'meaningful' lyrics he's produced, and the clean break-beat production. This is something that has been lost in today's market, for now a 'rapper' rambles on about guns, girls, and how his dog died. Hip-hop hardly exsists of course, mainly being replaced by r'n'b in bars etc.
The album starts brilliantly with the great lyrics to G'irls Ain't Nothing But Trouble', which sets a tone for much of the album. Stand out tracks include the full version of the song from the program he starred in; The Fresh Prince of Bell Air, and one of my favourites for the summer which is Miami; the rhythm actually being sampled from another hip-hop song called I Can Do This by Monie Love (a Hed Kandi favourite!). Men I Black is a super cool song for in the car, while his remaining tracks obtain more of a modern feel.
Being so cheap, their is no excuse not to buy this album! Will Smith was a fun, friendly artist, and these songs remind me of great times when you could get away with odd hair styles and ultra-bright pants!

P.S apologies about the review title, I couldn't miss that opportunity!
on 19 January 2012
I realy like this cd. Will Smith has decent rapping skills and his words are clean so u can play this music to anyone.
the men in black song is very good, one of my faves. It is very catchy.
it is a good family cd and good to play in the car or anywhere. I recommend this.
on 3 October 2013
I don`t normally like Rap except the original Rappers like Sugar Hill Gang. I could compare Will Smith`s album to Sugar Hill Gang the sense that it isn`t explicit and he uses no foul language, and can understand everything he says. Very much an 80`s sound to the songs.
on 21 September 2014
All Will Smith's best music on one cd.
I bought this cd as it was cheaper to download the whole album than just download the tracks I like.
A good reminder of how versatile Will Smith is.
on 2 March 2013
Always loved Will's music and finally got around to purchasing this greatest hits album. Love all the songs, takes me back to my younger days and brings back very happy memories! Would recommend