on 30 December 2016
Quite a conundrum here, television has a coaxial output and blu ray/surround sound has a Toslink input. I had been using a digital to RCA adaptor as I'm not up on digital world and thought that's my only answer.
Problem was it only delivered stereo sound which the blu ray converts a signal to all 6 speakers. Not surround at all.
Now I came across this which is just the job.
So it takes the coaxial line I from sound source (television in my case) and converts this to infrared digital Toslink output to blu ray/surround sound system.
It works a treat. Box is no bigger that a matchbox and has a led on light. Mains powered and easy to set up.
Sound is crystal clear with no drop off.
Would I recommend this product? Hell yes...!
As my sound system has only one Toslink input, my virgin box also delivers surround running this little box also without the need for a Toslink splitter. Ten out of ten.
on 15 June 2017
Rarely do reviews. Was disappointed when I was given a 50" TV (a fantastic upgrade to my 32") to find it didn't have an optical port, as I had optical to optical between old TV and Samsung surround amp. Thought I'd just have to live with the sound from the new TV, which actually wasn't that bad. At the last moment though I noticed it had a digital audio port and after some searching, it led me to this little £10 converter. And thank God I found it........ digital audio cable converter on one end and optical cable (TOS) from converter to amp and 5.1 is back......amazing!
on 5 May 2017
I have used a similar device before in my hi-fi system - but in that case it was an Optical to Coaxial converter. Therefore I had no hesitation in using this brand again for the opposite requirement.
on 20 June 2017
This tiny little box does exactly what it says on the tin: it converts an electrical digital audio signal to an optical digital audio signal. I'm using it to convert the electrical output from a Freeview tuner to the optical input on my amplifier; it works flawlessly.
I bought this to connect the sound from a WDTV to the surround sound for my TV. The signal converter works really well and it only took a minute or so to setup, a great little device which has solved the problem.
on 3 June 2017
It's not working, speakers are crackling when I plug it in, just got round to trying it and the return window closed 2 days ago so there appears to be no where I can contact anyone about it either on my orders page
on 24 March 2016
Working dolby digital 5.1 convert properly but working no longer as half year I bought 2 ones last year and I am consodering buy onather one different
on 3 May 2017
This thing did not work when hooking uo between sony dvd digitial coaxial to soundbar optical q acoustica, waste of o ey
on 5 April 2017
Does the job.
on 15 March 2017
I use this device in a pro audio environment - transfers digital audio signal perfectly - no loss of quality - great product!