TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 July 2016
Bought at full cost, My reviews are based on honest truth meaning the good, the bad and the ugly where appropriate. Music of any sort is a matter for the listener. Discovered through TV soundtrack. Most of the CD, to my taste is worth listening to, down loading and copying. I have some hearing issues so actually hearing the wording / lyrics is sometimes difficult but the music is easy to listen to. Played in the background whilst video editing, reading or similar is quite relaxing. Worth buying but do the rounds to get the best value
on 9 October 2016
I'm 55 and I'm loving listening to Taylor SWIFT.... I love all kinds of music and love buying albums and artists that people wouldn't think I'D like or buy; I started listening more thanks to Kanye West, # Think he's famous, some pop stars boyfriend! The album is great played it three times, straight, not done that since a Bjork album; also got to admit .. Love the Hey Stephen track... what can I say it makes me smile... memories!

Fantastic album It's a must buy! Treat yourself, enjoy a great singer song writer!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 June 2010
I bought this CD album some 9 months ago on the strength of seeing Taylor Swift perform on the BBC TV 'Jules Holland' show (he has an excellent eye for new talent, having already made me 'aware' of the startlingly good 'Antony and the Johnsons' earlier !).

This album offers an excellent way to sample the song writing, guitar playing and (of course !) singing abilities of this young American woman - it was a massive seller in her home country. The prominent song I saw her perform on the TV was 'Love Story' and that is on this album - it is full of energy and performed at a near breathless pace. It is certainly the best track on the album but that does not detract from what else features, although I would say that for me the CD as a whole is best played as background 'easy listening' music rather than for full-on 100% of my attention listening (such as that for other modern music CDs as that by Lady Gaga for instance). The remaining tracks aren't repetitive or too similar to each other but, for me, none sticks in the mind like 'Love Story' does....

Her style is apparently 'Country' which I suppose is accurate enough, although for me her music is a bit more spiced-up than what might be associated with that musical genre (eg Shania Twain, who is billed as a major influence for Swift...). One thing I am quite certain of is that her voice and overall musical style continually reminds me of another musical wonder Suzanne Vega - that is a real compliment by the way as Vega is a top-class musical artist.

To get a feel for modern mainstream female US musical talent this CD album is well getting. It is very enjoyable and you might even find other songs on it more catchy or memorable than I did as I am difficult to please !
on 12 October 2017
One of my favourite Taylor Swift albums. Written when she was still a teenager (I think) and was able to write so eloquently about the problems and excitement all of us have had when that age. Beautifully written and played and sung pop songs with a touch of country. One of my Desert Island Albums...
on 23 December 2012
Taylor is incredibly talented, her song writing is amazing and her songs are beautifully sung and produced. This album is for everyone of any gender and any age and they will all or most relate to you personally. Taylor is an amazing singer, song writer and role model and I think and hope she is around for a long time, she really deserves success. If you don't already own this album then you have to buy it along with her others Taylor Swift, Speak Now and Red.
***Standout Tracks***
(I usually choose 5 stand out tracks but this is really hard to do so)
Jump Then Fall
You Belong With Me
Hey Stephen
White Horse
Your Not Sorry
Forever and Always
on 29 March 2012
Bought two of Taylor's CDs (this plus 'Speak Now') purely from Amazon reviews and sampling the snippets of the downloads samples. I enjoy almost all types of music but guess prog and folk rock are my favourite types.

I like Miss Swift's clear, clean and breathy vocals, her interesting and jaunty songs. The backing is not too twangy 'country' but varied, with various styles, from light rock to acoustic guitar but always sympathetic and not drowning her out.

The title song is commendable but generally I just really enjoy the whole album playing on my Ipod, my bus journey just now of over an hour was very much lightened in its tedium by her being piped into my ears - and tapping fingers, too!
on 10 June 2013
I've loved taylor swift for years but I never got one of her albums. With her increasing popularity I've been hearing her songs a lot more and I couldn't resist getting this album as it features all the hits!
I love teardrops on my guitar.
It also features my favourite you belong with me. Did you notice Taylor plays both the brunette cheerleader and the obvious taylor? I didn't some one pointed it out yesterday...besides the point.
The cd features an immense amount of tracks I loved her country style but i'm loving her new pop punk princess kinda edge she's awesome.
on 11 May 2014
I came across Taylor Swift one day when my parents are on holiday. I was totally surprised, kind of expecting her to be another one of the same old rubbish 'pop artists', but she is absolutely brilliant. I could listen to her voice all day and the songs on this album really show it off as well. Great album. There aren't any songs that I don't like, I definitely have not started skipping any yet. Stand out tracks for me are 'Fearless' 'Fifteen' 'You Belong With Me' and 'Love Story'. Impressive album.
on 22 June 2014
What can I say? Excellent! After the first album, Taylor proved his exceptional talent and that initial success was no accident. The album featured two hit singles: Love Story, You Belong With Me - songs for little girls - but that's okay. My personal favorites on this album: You're Not Sorry, Forever and Always (Piano Version), and finally White Horse! The music video and behind the scenes footage to this song are magnificent! Taylor is very pretty in the whole part!! Rest of the DVD is funny and entertaining. The last part: CMT Awards Thug Story" feat. T-Pain - What? That's fancy! Another great album from Taylor, with many bonus contents: Worth every penny!!!
on 31 January 2014
I had heard a number of Taylor Swift songs over the years, and had always liked them so decided to get a copy of the album that seems to have been her best seller. I'm not disappointed - it is a very good album, although I can't go so far as to say that it is up there with the great albums. The girl done well though!