Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

As I bought her main Fearless album I was wondering if it would be worth the extra money... boy am I pleased I did.

The Platinum version comes with all songs from the first album except 3: "Our Song", "Teardrops on My Guitar" & "Should've Said No", which are the UK's bonus tracks from the main Fearless album, not having these would've been disappointing however I have the main Fearless album so I'm covered, so those who don't just keep that in mind.

With this album you are getting 6 great bonus tracks: "Jump Then Fall", "Untouchable", "Forever & Always* Piano Edition", "Come In With The Rain", "Superstar" & "The Other Side Of The Door", these are all a fantastic edition to your music library, especially "Untouchable" which has now made my #no.1 favourite song from Swift, the lyrics are fantastic and the aurora of the song is relaxing and emotional.

As for the bonus DVD, it really shows how talented of an artist she is and really brings out her bubbly, lovable personality.

From the opinion of a male who normally listens to more rock types of music, since hearing Taylor's music, it really been the best "Guilty Pleasure" I've had in years.

This album really is worth getting.
VINE VOICEon 12 November 2008
Taylor Swift's greatest appeal is her age - 16 when her self titled debut was released, 18 now. She is also a bit of a novelty in "popular" contemporary music in that she writes her own songs, or at least co-writes. She isn't a power ballad singer, and it's one of the main things I like about her. She doesn't feel the urge to scream her way through a song, she just sings.

I am surprised - and pleased - that "Fearless" has surpassed her debut. With age, her voice and her songwriting abilities have improved though she still retains the simplicity and innocence which make her so very endearing.

The album's opener "Fearless" is one of my favourites. It's very Taylor; young love and cute without being too sickly. It's followed by "Fifteen" which is undoubtedly my favourite. Those of us who are no longer 15 can look back wistfully and agree with her sentiements, and those that still are will find in it something to relate to.

"Love Story" is addictive. I have been listening to this for months now, and still haven't grown tired of it. I find myself singing all day "it's a love story, baby, just say yes". For me it's the best Taylor single to date. "Hey Stephen" though I like it isn't a particular favourite. It's listenable, and there's nothing unpleasant about it - it just doesn't stand out.

I first heard "White Horse" on an episode of Grey's Anatomy, and that was the moment I really anticipated her sophmore effort. It's beautiful and understated. "You Belong With Me" is something that many teenage girls [and grown ups] can relate to. It's a story old as time - girl wants boy, boy doesn't know she exists. However, it's well written and it doesn't make me sigh with irritation, that most every artist has a song like this.

"Breathe" is a duet with Colbie Caillat, who I am also a big fan of, though not of the song. It's the only few times on this album I was disappointed. "Tell Me Why" and "You're Not Sorry" are easy on the ear, and as always in their simplicity, beautiful. "That's The Way I Loved You" is the only 1 of 2 tracks on the album I skip. It has all the right formular, but for some reason I just can't take to it.

"Forever & Always" about a break-up and "Best Day" are, again, highlights and some of my favourites. "Change", I just don't like. It's the other song I skip.

All in all, Taylor Swift is a breath of fresh air in a world of Britney's [though I am a fan!] and her clones. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 26 April 2009
wow Taylors Voice Is Amazing if you have never listened to her music you dont know what you are missing a couple of my favourite Tracks From her Album would have to be love story White horse And teardrops On My guitar.

Her songs are mostly Romantic And thats why I love them So much.

Give her a listen i promise you Wont be disappointed.
on 29 April 2009
This album is by a long shot the best album I've ever bought! If you are considering buying this I would definitely recommend it-not one boring song out of 16, in fact they are all incredibly addictive. I haven't stop playing this cd for the 2 weeks since I've bought it. I now know all the songs off by heart!!!! I lovee it soooooo much. Taylor is on a fast track to world domination! And her songs which are incredibly easy to relate to have taken over my head!! BUY NOW!!
on 10 March 2009
As a middle-aged fan of mainly British rock music from the 60s onwards, I'm not averse to buying the occasional album by a talented female singer-song writer and was very impressed with Amy Macdonald's "This Is The Life" album, which I bought after hearing the title track on the radio one morning.

There's no denying Taylor Swift is a very talented young lady with a great voice and it's impossible to put her music into a specific category other than it's light rock music with some modern country influence.

However, whilst Amy Macdonald and Taylor Swift are of a similar age and sing about love, romance and angst, Amy manages to do it in a much more mature way so that a 46-year-old bloke can thoroughly enjoy her music also, whereas I felt genuinely uncomfortable listening to some of Taylor's songs about college graduates and cheerleaders.

I don't want to detract from Taylor's songwriting, she's certainly capable of putting some clever lyrics together and belting out a good tune to the point where I really do look forward to seeing what material she puts out in the future, especially after the hype around her has died down and she's matured with 3 or 4 albums under her belt.

But her album is definitely intelligently written music aimed at the teenagers and 20-somethings, and it's good to see quality music being aimed at them considering the years of plastic dross in the charts.

However, if you're older than that than by all means give it a spin without paying too much attention to the lyrics as they don't concern we people with mortgages, kids & expanding waistlines!
88 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2016
Bought at full cost, My reviews are based on honest truth meaning the good, the bad and the ugly where appropriate. Music of any sort is a matter for the listener. Discovered through TV soundtrack. Most of the CD, to my taste is worth listening to, down loading and copying. I have some hearing issues so actually hearing the wording / lyrics is sometimes difficult but the music is easy to listen to. Played in the background whilst video editing, reading or similar is quite relaxing. Worth buying but do the rounds to get the best value
on 11 August 2011
The best country cd since shania twain's "UP!"
Good lyrics lovely singing and not one dull song.
And she writes songs herself too.
You''ll enjoy this cd if you're 8 or eighty.
on 5 February 2009
This is her 4th album in the states, this UK version has 3 bonus tracks compared to the US version. The 3 bonus tracks are off her 1st album "Taylor Swift" All three songs where hits state side. I've had "Fearless" since Christmas day and been playing it everyday. Taylor opens the album with the strong title track "Fearless", and ends the original US album with the powerful theme song of the summer Olympics, track 13 "Change". In the middle is a sure huge hit "The Way I Loved You" - a song that she wrote with John Rich. "Fifteen" is her most personal song, a bittersweet gem where she sings about her freshman year and her best friend for the past 5 years, Abigail. "White Horse" (which has already been featured on Grey's Anatomy) is a well written tearjerker - a heartfelt song that is just waiting to become her next blockbuster hit. A good example of her more acoustic side is "Breathe" - a simple song written with Colbie Caillat who also sings background vocals in the song. Taylor's writing seems to have matured and grown in the past 2 years. Take "The Best Day" for example - which is a completely different but awesome song, which is written about her family. She appeals to a wide audience, and executes this so well here on Fearless.
If you like "Fearless" buy other albums from Amazon.com
33 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2009
It is hard to believe that Taylor is only 19. Her talent is simply remarkable. I have been totally blown away by the beauty of her voice, the maturity of her lyrics and the absolutely stunning collection of songs contained in this album.

Proof that Country music has a lot to offer the whole world. I would recommend this to everybody: whatever your musical tastes. Simply gorgeous album.
on 18 March 2009
If you are a fan of country music this CD will not be for you. As with Shania Twain's Come On Over CD, Universal have done it again. The backing tracks have been changed for the UK market. I'm sure that this was probably done so that our rather bland, networked commercial radio stations would actually play it.

The US version has already been a major success in America and is one of the biggest CD's of last year. The American and "Original" version was released last year.

For anyone who just likes the sound of the album for what it is, this is fine and on the whole rather good. However, it's not for country music fans. You will need the Amercican version for that.