Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 16 June 2017
if like me you were a fan of this comedy you will love it shame should have made more
on 15 March 2014
Watched the first episode. Had to watch the second the following day, my ribs hurt so bad from constant laughing. This show is one of the funniest things I've seen in 20 years. Hard to keep bladder control when you are watching "Indian non-functional plumbing", or SAT directions being given without knowing where the car is calling from (it was the fog?).
on 17 July 2009
If you've worked in IT or a call centre, if you spoken to someone on the end of the phone in India you'll appreciate this. Co-written by one fourth of Goodness Gracious Me Sanjeev Bhaskar this is witty, at the least very amusing sitcom which is well acted and with brilliant timing. It great to see a comedy series that's funny - usually these tend to be scarce on ITV - a channel not overflowing with really great comedies - but this ones a winner. I recommend this series.
on 16 August 2013
Middling comedy. Under-developed. Outsourced comes out a little better as a call centre sitcom, though I infinitely prefer the attitude of the characters here which is not to grovel before their U.K. bosses and customers which is what happens in Outsourced, except there the customers are American, making it that much more annoying.
on 23 February 2013
The dvd features all 7 episodes of the 1st series on 2 dvd's.
Dvd 1:
- Outtakes
- Deleted Scenes
- Scene Stand Ins w/Tracey Ullman
- Bloopers
Mumbai Calling Promo (Running time: 3:19)
Interview with Sanjeev Bhaskar and Nitin Ganatra (Running time: 14:06) w/english subtitles

They did not include the pilot episode they shot 1 1/2 years ealier for ITV. This is a shame
on 5 December 2009
Mumbai Calling is one of the funnier TV comedies in recent years, as well as a commentary on the clash between British and Indian business work- and business culture.
on 15 November 2011
Excellent series!. Sanjiv as usual at his humourous best- he sure acts well. Waiting for Mumbai Calling 2. Those who have enjoyed Kumars at No 42 are sure going to like this as well. Daisy Beaumont and Nitin Ganatra too put in a good performance. Script is quite funny and catchy. Already seen it twice. Anyone who likes comedies, is aware of the culture in telecall centres will enjoy this. It is filmed in Mumbai and all the 'staff' at the centre put in an excellent performance as well.
on 7 October 2012
I watched this DVD that my friend borrowed from our local library a couple of months ago. We enjoyed it so much that I had to buy a copy for myself.

We are travelling to India next month and so it is also useful for research - I always check out "the making of .." sections on DVDs.

We really wish the team had made some more episodes as you thoroughly enjoy the situations and it helps you appreciate the cultural differences we have.

I have watched the series again with another friend and she also enjoyed it.

Highly recommended watch.

Mumbai Calling - Series 1 [DVD] [2009]
on 18 July 2011
Funny! Likable characters. Interesting, entertaining setting. Refreshing, old-style ( I know that sounds stupid, but it's true)sitcom with no patronizing political overtones. Not groundbreaking, but so what? I took a chance based on two of my favorite actors, Sanjeev Bhaskar and Nitin Ganatra, and was rewarded by this little gem. Too bad there isn't a season two, I bet my rating would go to 5 stars. Maybe it does better with American audiences? My whole family was drawn in.
on 13 September 2011
There is something odd about this, it says it is an ITV show but it includes some actual jokes. Who couldn't laugh at Richard E Grant as Hamlet PI for example. And every episode is punctuated by random insane calls designed for the sole purpose of making you laugh. Among the best comedy shows nobody has ever heard of, even when it was on it qualified as this. Even the character names are funny Rupert De Beers anyone.