Customer reviews

on 28 October 2009
My 7 year old bought this with her birthday money after playing the minotaurus game with a friend. She was able to build it with a little help, mainly as I found it rather fun. It looks great when built and comes apart to store in the box.

The game initially seemed very complicated, but on playing works well and my 13, 7 and 5 year olds enjoyed defeating the mummy king. The joy of the game is you can adapt the rules to suit who is playing and play competatively or as a team.

A good game for family fun.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 September 2009
According to the box, Lego enlisted the help of game designer Reiner Knizia. This seems to have been beneficial, because this game is more balanced, requires slightly more skill and is ultimately more enjoyable than the LEGO Games 3841 Minotaurus game from the same series. The players are all explorers, trying to get to the top of the pyramid, avoiding mummies on the way.

The rules are quite complex - you need to either possess of be able to find a Lego crystal of the right colour to climb to a ledge on the pyramid, and you may find that your opponents rotate parts of the pyramid to make your climb harder. One of the dice rolls lets you move the mummies down one ledge each, and send any hapless explorers that get caught back to the start. It always seems to happen to my explorer!

You are positively encouraged to try out alternative rules, which encourages creativity and will make the game last. Lego recommend this game as suitable for ages 8+. I'd say that with the complexity of the rules, 10+ might be a better guideline.
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2011
As a fan of Minotaur:easy to understand and play, I bought the Ramses pyramid for my son as one of his Xmas pressies. The rules should have been written by a primary teacher if the game is intended for kids. I am an adult and I do not understand the rules. I'll check out the Lego site on internet but I think LEGO should make more of an effort to simplify the rules. Most people will put the game on a shelf, get out the Wii and leave it to get covered in dust and then donated to a charity.
Lego, sort it out!
on 29 October 2009
This is the perfect gift, it's fun, educational and constructive, my Grandson is 9 years old and loves it.
on 8 January 2010
Bought this a Christmas present for my boyfriend. We have played it numerous times and is great fun! The fact that you can make it your own game with your own rules is very imaginative and am sure would help kids develop their problem solving abilities.
Great product! 5 Star.
on 26 December 2009
After reading the reviews and the fact that it waon an award, we bought the game. It was fun building it, but so complicated when playing the game. Three people tried to interpret the instructions and we agreed on a probable way of playing.Nobody wanted to play it again.
on 18 January 2010
As a game it is quite limited, even for a 5 year old. Rules are logical and easy to follow, but quite limiting. After a couple of games it was incorporated into the family mass of lego... which is fine; it spread the Egyptian theme into other areas of play.
on 14 November 2009
Lego is the staple toy in our house, with two boys on the autistic spectrum. My youngest does not like games as a rule, but being obsessed with lego we thought we'd give these games a try. The Ramses Pyramid looks fantastic, is durable and fun. However, the game is rather complicated, and took a while to explain to my son. He loved the little trinkets and the die, and the characters.

Altogether, I would recommend the game, but for younger ones I would recommend the Minotaur game, as it was much easier to set up and play.
on 8 January 2010
Good fun to set up, gets the family/players involved. Doesn't take very long to play which is the only downside. On the whole, very enjoyable. Anyone who likes Lego will love this!
on 5 January 2010
It was very difficult and complicated to understand the rules for playing this game. The building of the pyramid was not too difficult but it was very easy to break it and loose the various parts. I was playing it with a 10 year old who soon lost interest in the game as it took too long to get the crystals. Compared to the other lego maze game it was not nearly as exciting or enjoyable. Wouldn't recommend it for children to play.