on 7 October 2009
I am a huge fan of all musicals and regularly look for new album releases to purchase even although I don't have the finances to get to the theatre as often as I'd like. I've purchased a few scores recently, most blind having not heard them before but going purely on reviews and the most recent one was Avenue Q.

I had seen a very brief clip of the format of the show so knew what it was about and had also seen the Explicit Lyric warning on the album so had a fair idea of what to expect. What I didn't expect though was such a witty, lyrically excellent and melodic musical. I downloaded this very late one evening and listened to it only once that evening and yet the very next day I found myself singing lines from a few of the songs which had instantly stuck with me. Having now listened to it several times I find it an ouststanding piece of work.

The story of the inhabitants of Avenue Q, a mixture of humans and puppets in the style of Sesame Street all living together and going through the crises of life that face us all - love, political correctness, flat sharing, unemployment - this is a very grown up musical despite what the use of puppets might suggest.

I am so pleased I purchased this alum as it has some cracking songs - 'It Sucks To Be Me', 'Purpose' and 'Schudenfreude' stand out.
One person found this helpful
on 11 January 2016
What is there not to love about this soundtrack? The songs are catchy, relevant to modern day society and never fails to put a smile to your face if you're feeling a bit down.

A few of the songs contain explicit words and adult themes so I would say probably not best suited to a child under the age of 13.

It's one of the few albums I've bought and not relegated to the back of a cupboard after a while!
on 25 January 2017
Having seen this show many times I chose the CD. A bit pricey but very good.
on 16 December 2012
Went to see this in the west end as an unplanned last minute decision, and was one of the funniest things i've ever seen! the songs are fantastic and they make you laugh! If you havn't seen it on stage - Do so! Great price for the cd and recommend to all with a bit of a crude sense of humor!
on 26 October 2017
Love it
on 20 July 2015
Having seen the stage show twice in London and twice locally I had to buy the CD. It's got great tunes, clever and funny lyrics and lessons we've all learned in life without being preachy. Would have liked the London Cast recording but this is very good.
on 20 February 2018
Good for fans of musical.
on 29 December 2015
This has to be one of the best musicals i have ever heard, and seen! Anyone who has a dirty mind and a longing to be serenaded by enthusiastic puppets needs to witness the spectacular that is Avenue Q. Can not wait to see it live again!!
on 18 March 2016
Saw Avenue Q in London and we all loved it. The cd had all the songs on
on 4 January 2017
Hilarious, particularly if you have seen the show and understand what is going on.