Customer reviews

on 16 July 2017
Bought this as a gift no concerns
on 1 January 2014
Brought this as a Christmas present. The recipient loved it. The item came quickly even though it was close to Christmas it was well packed. Very good service.
on 31 October 2014
fab
on 12 June 2013
I really wanted to like this, as I like such cutesy things, and the waterproof aspect attracted me.

The main problem is that the sound quality is like an VERY badly tuned long-wave radio. The sound cuts in and out (out 80% of the time, unfortunately). And even when the sound does work, it's much too quiet to make out what you're hearing properly. And this is at a 4 foot transmitting range! With the no other competing noises in the room.

So, as you can imagine, once you turn on the shower/ a tap, you've got no chance.

Even if you sit the egg and duck right next to each other in the bathroom (which kind of defeats the point, as it means your precious iPod is in there too, and the egg part is not waterproof, of course), the volume will be so quiet that you won't be able to make it out across the room, unless you're sitting in silence. As I have a shower this isn't an option for me.

One redeeming feature is that the duck itself has an option to just use it as a normal radio, which tends to be a little bit louder than using it with an mp3 player. But even that's not really worth your time- it's just so frustrating to strain to listen to, and the sound cutting in and out can make you feel a bit crazy.

I've had similar products for the car which work fine, but I have to send this little fellow back, unfortunately..

I would only really recommend this product if you intend to run the bath first, then sit quietly in it for a while listening to an fm radio station.
on 7 September 2013
really great idea, however in practice it doesn't work very well. If you move the duck when its on it frequently loses the signal, so not that great when you want it to float around in the bath.
on 9 February 2013
This is very good. The only issue I had was I did not realise that it would need sooooo many batteries.
Teenager loves it though
on 10 January 2011
I got this for my wife for Christmas but it's a real let-down. It works fine when you're holding it (although the range is nowehere near the 10 metres it claims - I would say more like 4 metres) BUT as soon as we put it in the bath the music immediately cuts out. As far as I can tell this is because my metal bathtub is blocking the signal - a major design flaw from my perspective as that's the whole point of a floating speaker. They really should warn about this on the packaging because I can't possibly be the first person to have had this problem. There's also an FM radio on there in theory but that's rubbish - terrible reception even though we live in an area with a really strong signal on any other FM radio. Overall - not impressed!
on 16 March 2015
Read a few reviews, some okay some bad and thought id risk it. I shouldn't have, it broke within minutes of being used, not splash resistant, not water proof, awful sound quality. Not even good as a joke present as it doesn't even work! It was lucky to get 1star!!! Only got that as I couldn't put any lower!! The connection between the egg transmitter and the duck is awful.. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
on 26 August 2011
i like my iDuck - it means I can listen to my music without the risk of damp in the phone whilst having a good long soak in the bath - sound quality is not brilliant but you cannot really expect full blown quality for price and use
on 10 August 2013
I would recommend this to all parents. It makes bath time fun. My grandson loves listening to his favourite music.