Size: One Size|Colour: Black / Gold|Change
Price:£65.54 - £174.51

on 8 February 2017
Poor display not impressed with the quality either. I have seen better polar watches but this aint it.
on 1 April 2015
Love this fitness watch. It's great for all types of fitness levels. I do a lot of power walking and was surprised to find I could easily burn off 300+ calories just by doing 40 mins walking. The strap doesn't bother me and at times I don't realise it's there. If you wanted to transfer your data onto your PC you need to buy a syncing device-I personally think you don't need it as the watch stores a great deal of information. It will store 99 workouts and will calculate how many calories you have burned over the day and how many of those were improving your fitness levels and how many of those were fat burning. Would really recommend this product-infact I already have to a friend.
review image
on 23 April 2017
Can't see anything on the screen ! Poor!!
on 16 March 2017
on 19 May 2014
I ordered this watch after reading so many good reviews .I received it yesterday 18/05/2014.
I must say I was really disappointed with the watch.
when I was trying to set it up I could hardly read the display I had to use a magnifying glass as the display was so poor.
it didn't get any better once I had completed the setup.
I don't know if the one I had was faulty but it was virtually impossible to read the display without the use of a magnifying glass. it didn't matter if it was night or day light. just impossible to read.
I have sent it back to Amazon and bought another type.
its a shame as Amazon were brilliant I ordered it on Friday and received it on Sunday.
so it is 5 stars to Amazon. just one star for the watch
on 1 December 2015
If possible, I would have given the product 0. I brought this product realizing the limitations with the poor display in natural light. That aspect doesn't bother me as the way I use the product I'm only interested in final figures.

My major gripe is that I've owned 2 previous monitors in the last 15 years and the monitor strap on those models is as good today as when I bought them. However, the strap on this model within 2 weeks has become badly stretched and will soon be useless and not because of abuse use by me.

I'm deeply unhappy about this and Polar need to improve their design as I will need to purchase a new one soon which I'm far from happy about.
on 26 February 2014
This product didn't satisfy me on a number of levels.
The first is the fact that you needed to buy an additional bit of kit to download the results to the PC and then the web. So really it's another £40 more expensive....

The second big failure for me was the data collected. While the watch shows your heart rate and zone information, I had assumed (wrongly) that it stored your heart rate throughout a session and that this could be viewed once you downloaded it.

It only downloads the averages which may be vaguely interesting but doesn't allow you to point to a particular drill that was causing un-needed stress.

Thirdly, the controls and display aren't really suitable for viewing actually while exercising as they are too small and it seems reasonably easy to pause a recording by accident...

As I bought this to aid swimming training, the feedback below may not be appropriate to runners or gym workers, but, anyway, the strap round the chest doesn't stay up and needs to be on the edge of "too tight" before it'll stay there for a session.

The only reason, I gave it a 2 star rather than a 1 star is that, with a basic workout, it performs it's limited functions reasonably well, and it's not a heavy clunky watch, it looks and feels light on your wrist.

All in all, I'd recommend spending a bit more money (like I'm going to do) and getting a slightly more useful training tool.

PS anyone wanting to buy a used FT7M?
on 3 February 2015
As a heart rate monitor I can't really fault it. The three stars is because the screen is virtually impossible to read whilst exercising and in anything other than good light. I wish I had gone for a different colour although this one does look awesome and I only intend to use at the gym on the exercise equipment or to record activity. Another thing I feel Polar rip the customer off by charging so much for the device to down load the information I've just bought a Garmin GPS and apart from downloading the relevant app everything is provided. Polar get customer friendly.
on 13 January 2015
This is my first heart rate monitor and I'm very happy with it. I don't usually wear a watch but I'm happy to wear this all the time, even when I'm not out walking or running. The watch is very modern and the design is very good, especially the strap which has very close eye holes which makes it easy to get a good fit on your wrist.

The watch is very easy to use and the heart monitor is comfortable once you get used to it, there are no problems when changing the batteries in both just simply use a coin to twist open the back of the watch and pop the back off the monitor (unlike some others like the Garmin which you have to unscrew). Both are waterproof up to 30m.

The biggest reason to buy this is the fantastic Fat Burn/Fitness indicator which really pushes you to stay in the right cardio zone, it is excellent for those of us who just want to loose a few pounds one day and work on our fitness another. This has been the biggest help for me as I've progressed from a beginner to running.
on 30 March 2015
I had the FT1 and I decided to buy a newer version hoping that the accuracy would be better. For that reason I chose the latest version, however I am quite disappointed with it. I must point out I was interested in a consistent and accurate heart rate monitor. Having said this, the watch does not have much extra functionality (compared with FT1).

My main concern is that sometimes the heart rate gets stuck in a very high number (unrealistic number) and it would not recover the real heart rate until I move the strap... this means my maximum and average heart rate after the exercise are not realistic. Also the way it counts calories is wrong, it is usually twice as much as the values provided by the gym machines or the typical values... in that sense you can just halve it every time to get an estimate of the calories burned.

One positive thing is that the strap is quite comfortable.