Colour: Black/Silver|Change
Price:£76.95+ £3.99 shipping

on 15 November 2013
I had high expectations of this watch and heart rate monitor having read numerous reviews on how good it was. First, the watch itself looks and feel great when on the wrist. The functions are easy to navigate through and setting up your personal statistics is straightforward.

This watch would be better if it had a lap timer stop/start function like many other cheap sport watches on the market. Second, I'd like to comment on the chest strap and heart rate monitor. Very comfortable to wear and easily adjustable. It can also be machined washed which is refreshing after 5/6 workouts.

Unfortunately, every time I have used the heart rate function, 50% of the time I have lost signal. After attempting to re-wet the sensors and wait for the signal to return, I have on many occasions had to stop my workout and reset the function. This is very frustrating.

The display feature are aesthetically pleasing with the heart rate moving between the "fitness and fat burn" or you can alternate between % (which is my prefered preference).

Overall, this product has the potential to deliver a 5 star rating with the price relatively cheap, however, a few niggles of losing signal leaves it only getting 3 stars from me.
on 12 February 2016
Excellent price and does what I want
on 11 January 2013
I purchased this as I wanted to replace my old (12 years old) Polar that I used for mainly running. The watch and strap look nice and the strap is very comfortable and the signal seems reliable. It has some serious flaws in my opinion so I will be selling it on. I think this is partly down to me not looking at the specs closely enough and partly because you would assume a HR watch would have the following features:
1) You cannot display the HR and the exercise duration at the same time - this seems bizarre. You can view duration and time of day (why you need to I don't know). To know how long you have been exercising you need to press quite a small button which, if you are moving is a pain to do.
2) No lap functionality. I assumed a stop watch would include a lap feature - you can buy a casio watch for £10 that provides stopwatch and lap functionality!
Overall it looks nice, the chest strap is good but they have gone for gimmicks over basic, usable functionality. If you want a watch for running then this is not the model for you.
on 2 June 2014
Simple to use, this does everything I need it to. Having previously owned a Polar RS400 I never really utilised the training zones etc. etc. All I need to know is what percentage of my maximum am I training at? and how many calories have I used? The FT7 will let you know exactly whether you are fat burning or fitness with a simple easy to read display. Your max hr is based on 220 minus your age, which is not perfect, but you do have the ability to go beyond it. Remember this is an entry level monitor.

The batteries are easy to replace in both watch and sensor.

If you are looking for a basic HR monitor this fits the bill. If you want to set training zones and a watch that will run a fitness test and adjust you max hr then you need to spend a little more on an RS400 or similar product.

For the price it is excellent.
on 16 December 2011
This my first heart rate monitor. I didn't want anything fancy and expensive. I'm happy with my choise. You will have to fill in your data manually in polar.fi and there is no gps but the connection is steady (just remember to wate the electroids a little before you begin) and the info you gate accurate. Easy to set up and easy to use in a reasonable price. Just what I was looking for.
on 18 September 2012
I have not used this monitor other than for initial testing to make sure it works. The body is slimmer than other HRMs I've owned and certainly not thicker than many chunky watches these days. The chest strap gave a signal even though I was testing it cold without any moisture on the skin. The setup was quick and relatively painless. The unit gives the basic readout of HR, calculates your max HR and some calorie data however accurate it may be. I was disppointed that there does not appear to be any wake-up alarm or stop watch features. This is a good but basic HRM - perhaps a bit overpriced for what it does but one does pay for the name/brand.
on 3 October 2011
I have to say that this is a very easy product to set up and use. In fact it is so easy there are next to no instructions in the box (with more detailed descriptions of the use available on line).

Pop in details of age, height, weight etc and away you go straight from the box. The menu structure is quite simple and if you have had any dealings with a digital watch you will have no problems following which button to press next.

I also like the fact that Polar have a web site available to record all the details of your training sessions where you also have the ability to create your own training programmes and setting targets - very useful and motivating.
on 3 January 2012
Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
It is an excellent product. The only downside is that you have to remember to order the Flowlink or USB accessory, which I failed to do.
The product is easy to use and to set up. Also very accurate in terms of monitoring heart rate which is very important for me, as I need to ensure I do not over stress the heart. It allows me to do my full range of cardio vascular and resistance training without worrying I am overdoing it which I did in the past and ended up in hospital. Highly recommended for those who need to monitor heart activity
on 11 May 2013
Original had a faulty sensor so did not work. A quick email to Amazon and they sent another one out straight away. Cannot fault them!

The item keeps track of calories used and makes sure that you in the "zone" - looks to be very accurate, as long as you're truthful about height, weight, etc.!

Unfortunately the replacement had the same fault. Did a lot of testing in different scenarios and the sensor was faulty again.

It WAS perfect for calorie counting and DID the job perfectly.....when it worked! Have sent it back and got a full refund
on 10 October 2013
I have been using for over a month now with no problem.

It keeps me motivated and on target.

Best feature that it keeps record of workout.

Just put a little water on the sensor strip and it good to go.

Very comfortable

Easy to put on.

I workout indoors using insanity so I can hear the beep sound nice and clearly which a lot of people complaint about.

Handy light button watch