Customer reviews

Polar FT4M Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Silver
Colour: Silver|Change
Price:£74.89+ £12.99 shipping

on 16 May 2016
I've had this for 6 weeks and it's stopped working, am trying to contact Amazon but they are not replying! This was the second one as well as the first one didn't work after the first go. It's a shame as I loved it when it did work properly. Maybe I've had bad luck but also appalled by amazons service.
on 29 May 2017
This Polar watch is a great work out buddy. It comes with a heart rate monitor that fits well around your body. The belt is easily adjustable and comfortable.
It calculates the calories burnt during your workout, which seems to be a bit more accurate than My other Polar device. It is a simple tool if you want to track your progress an the gym- nothing too fancy or advanced.
The watch belt is a bit plastic-y but it feels ok during workouts.
review image
on 10 July 2013
Does everything it is supposed to do, and I love it! It's amazing how motivating it is to see your heart rate and the ability to prove your workout based on it. It definitely made me more aware of how much effort I put into my workout as well as becoming painfully aware of the amount of times I overestimated the calories my workout burned.

And I use the watch on its own because it looks so good. It is pink not purple! Have never had any issues with the heart rate strap, and I've now had it for a little under a year.
on 28 April 2015
This is my second polar watch. First one was a T7 which lasted 3 months before breaking. This T4 has lasted 8 months and no longer works. Would not recommend anyone buys a polar watch. I have attempted to contact their customer service department on both occasions when the watches broke and was told to service the watch at a cost of nearly £35 lol
on 14 September 2015
Piece of junk. When it works it works great but don't expect it to work for long. Accidentally dropped my heart rate monitor from 1m height and now it will only read my heart rate as 00% I've had it for 5 months and that's it over. What a pice of junk.
on 22 May 2015
This watch was very very easy to set up and use. Unfortunately it kept losing the heart rate signal and I did not have one accurate reading in the entire time I had it before returning (approx one month). Fortunately I bought it through Amazon and there was no hassle returning it.
on 25 February 2017
Broke within the first 3 months of use. No warranty to resolve issue which is bad for and electronic product.
on 19 May 2017
Great, useful piece of kit. Was a bit tricky finding replacement batteries but by then Fitbits had come out so I upgraded. I still use the heart-rate band though as this syncs up with the equipment in my gym.
on 16 March 2017
Incorrectly purchased this item due to the title being incorrect. This product is the inferior (and cheaper) Polar FT4 NOT FT40M.

Please update the title someone!
on 26 March 2017
The monitor didn't work from the start. I have tried everything to get it working, watched videos etc, but now it's too late to return it apparently. The supplier won't help as it was via Amazon. This really has been a waste of money. I will buy from John Lewis next time where you do actually get a decent service.