Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 6 April 2011
This is fantastic game for 2 players that will get your brain working high all the time. Also great to introduce games to kids - I have already played few games against my 5 year old son and we have had great time. Highly recommended!!!
on 4 January 2010
Simple basic rules allow a 5yr old to play and I am looking forward to playing more strategically with another adult!
on 11 September 2009
Abalone is a game with very simple rules that can be played by all abilities over the age of 6 or so but it is quite engrossing. I had never heard of it when i played it with some Germans in Europe. But, liked it enough that I bought it.
on 8 November 2009
An excellent game which can be played at many levels, rather than the quick fix instant boredom of so many flashy games available. A game can last ages or sometimes a bad move can end it very quickly...something has to give, but who will give in first?

I am glad to have reviewed this game as mine arrived with a damaged marble and to date I had not done anything about it. I might now write and ask for a replacemnt, but otherwise a really good buy.
on 11 May 2014
Classic board game simple black and white balls what be easier ? Addictive !
I grew up playing draughts Chess Othello (Reversi) and the Rest!
great for challenging the mind
played this game since it first came out in my younger days
Will be teaching my grandson
on 15 December 2012
Such a good game and this is a good version of it. The board is quite thin plastic feeling but it was a good price so can't complain. Hours of fun!
on 13 January 2013
a long and satisfactory logic, brain teasing game. it may take a few days too if you really want to win!!!
on 15 September 2013
Have had it for years. Not a chess girl, husband is.....so this is a happy compromise. Played with a couple of friends and their kiddies (12 n 14 years old) They loved it. So this is a gift purchase. Quite a simple idea but gets the brain juices going,
on 9 January 2012
This game is great. My partner loves to play chess but I can never get my head round it so he begged me to get this game. it is very easy to learn. All you need to do is be tactical and use your brain to win this game, even those skills improve with this game. I have only won once against my boyfriend which makes me want to play it even more. Easy to use the balls feel sturdy, they glide along without too much of a push. Great game all round and i would say it would be great for any age over 9- 10 yrs. great price for a great game that will last you a long time. Highly recommended!!
on 21 September 2012
What a great game - with clear and simple rules, allowing one to concentrate on strategy and to plan the winning moves! And how addictive! :)
My daughter (5yo) truly enjoys playing it.
She thinks, however, it would have been more fun, if they had a "junior" version with decorated marbles (i.e., monkeys vs dragons), instead of the plain black and white one...

See one answered question