on 20 October 2017
I've been using compatible cartridges for a while now (due to cost reasons). However I have finally bitten the bullet and gone back to genuine OEM Brother toner simply because the print quality is superb.

This toner is a very black black. Text is sharp and very clear. There is little to no banding of images and gradients are very clear. The toner itself has quite a good gloss to it and it reminds me of the HP LaserJet toner. At 1200x1200 dpi the output is superb. Even at 600dpi in toner save mode the output is so clear, sharp and black. The halftone (dithering) is lovely and tight compared to compatibles/refills and you get a genuine 1200x1200dpi. The printouts are beautiful. It's like a brand new printer again. The text is bold, clear and crisp on the 100gsm letterhead paper I use so my letters are high quality and professional looking. No more dropouts, fading or fuzzy text for me. Even on basic 75gsm copier paper. Graphs and charts are much more legible now (even on a mono laser) and the printouts are very professional looking - even on internal documents.

This toner well worth the money if you can afford it. I don't know how many pages the cartridge can deliver in reality. Brother say 8,000 pages at 5% coverage according to the ISO tests, but your mileage will vary depending on what you are printing, resolution, density, etc. It's still worth it in my opinion.
on 24 March 2015
perfect and very quick delivery.
on 5 November 2014
Brought for the office and was the cheapest
on 18 December 2012
The reason for only 1 star is that the supplier, discount toners, has let me down.

I ordered the cartridge in late 2012 as my "spare", so it didn't go into my machine until around February/March 2013, as the Brother is only one of several printers I use. After initial use I began to get bad prints and found that the cartridge had been leaking into my printer and had made a real mess of it.

It took me about 3 weeks after taking the cartridge out and cleaning up the printer to get in touch with Discount toners as it was April and we were at year end and were frantically busy at work. When I did contact them they said they only offered a 3 month period for things to go wrong, which for an OEM product is dreadful, as these things are not cheap!. So I've made a note not to use this company again as although they offer a good price that seems to be at the sacrifice of true customer service and a proper guarantee.
on 25 November 2013
Brother products produce the best results, 100% print quality. Given 4 stars as very expensive. Forced to buy original due to inferior quality of non genuine products
on 19 January 2013
Had a few problems with refilled and compatible cartridges. No problems whatsoever with the original brother cartridge.
Still pricey though!
on 14 January 2013
We've been using 3 Brother printers in our office and they've lasted the pace where their Samsung counterparts have not. It always feels painful to spend almost £100 on anything which powers your printer! It delivers 8,000 pages at 5% coverage so will last longer. I always buy original cartridges as in the past I've cheap-skated and found that the ink leaked, didn't print properly etc.
on 23 February 2014
This is ordered as my spare so I haven't used it yet but hopefully will live up to expectations. Usually try to order these things via Amazon as if there is a problem it is usually straightforward to get it sorted.
on 5 January 2017
great value, amazon warehouse deals our other suppliers cant even beat the prices
on 28 July 2015
Good value. Recommend - fast delivery.