on 20 March 2010
I ordered the '55cm Freestanding chrome toilet roll holder w/weighted base'
but what I received did not exactly match the photo on the website, nor indeed the photo on the box cover. Unfortunately I discovered it once I put it together, therefore making it difficult to return. It will do the job but it is not
aesthetically as pleasing as the photo. Disappointing!
on 1 January 2012
This is very good quality for th proce. The base is quite heavy so it is quite hard to knock it over. Good buy.
on 3 June 2015
We had an issue with this product and I have to say the retailer was easy to deal with for a refund. First up, the product supplied does not look like the picture. It is not 55cm, but 68cm - very tall. Then there are the knobs! 3 in total, made of chromed plastic - front and top of the paper holder. (see photo) We hated them - you may disagree. I thought the quality was poor - again, you may disagree. Not what we hoped for, but at least they were nice people to deal with.
review image
on 20 December 2011
Toilet roll holder is great for the price. Right height and weighted so doesn't pull over.Would recommend this if you want a cheaper priced product. Looks nice too.
on 13 August 2010
This item is easy to put together and looks great and does just what it says.
on 5 January 2013
It does have a good weighted base but the top fittings are plastic and the actual toilet roll holder is white plastic, not silver as shown in the picture
on 22 July 2015
Was concerned about it tipping over after reading other reviews on this type but as we had to move our toilet away from the wall for my wheelchair there wasn't much choice and we were pleasantly surprised. It looks good and doesn't fall over due to the weighted base, easy to clean and easy to replace the toilet rolls.
on 6 July 2012
I bought this product, rather than a wall mounted one, because I didn't want to have holes drilled in my new bathroom tiles. It is a good lokking product but it does look a bit cumbersome in my small bathroom and I do rather regret not going for a wall mounted holder. On the plus side it arrived well packaged and was quick and easy to assemble. On the negative side the toilet roll holder section at the top has to be screwed (with separate screws) to the upright stand, so that there is no easy way to store 2 or 3 spare toilet rolls on the upright stand without having to disassemble it every time you need to get at one of the spare rolls.
on 23 September 2014
The top of the holder had a scratch on the silver top, exposing the black surface underneath. I requested a replacement from the company and the reply was: "We have looked at the ones that we have and most of seem to have little scruff marks on them. Its probably the way they move about in the box that caused the marks to appear. If you can return the one that you we can compare it to the ones that we have and send you one that's not as marked or as noticeable as the one that you have." To me this is not acceptable to be sending out knowingly damaged goods to customers. It's such a shame as the main body was good quality. Although cheap, it is not worth the money if stock is damaged! On top of all this they do not enclose a returns label, you need to print it yourself and take it to the post office.
on 9 May 2015
This is fairly bulky so if using in a small room, do be aware that does take up a lot of space. It is bottom weighted so stays in place really well, the only downside for me is that it is and feels like a cheap plastic toilet roll holder trying to look like steel. I have 2 other free standing ones, and they are metal (around the same price), but they are beginning to corrode after 6 years' use. This one is unlikely to as it is more like a plastic coated product, so may end up being better value for money in the long run.