on 10 January 2011
I feel that this is an excellent starter Kit for anyone who wants to make the step from digital Compact to digital SLR. It's not going to break the bank, but is it going to enable you to start to see where the differences lie. I was a little conerned about a lot of comments I have read about the focusing not being consistent and the camera being returned. To Date however, I have not experienced this. I am also impressed by the length of time the battery lasts for - I was sorely tempted (from previous experience) to buy a seperate battery up front - Glad I havent - Over 250 pictures taken and it's not showing even half used yet and a lot of them have been with the flash. so far - very good buy
Cons - maybe it has not got all the fancy gadgets and extras that some of the compacts have and the more expendive SLR's. However - I don't think that should be a hinderance.
3 people found this helpful
on 4 May 2011
A very well designed and built camera, takes excellent quality shots and makes you feel that you're doing a great job (using auto mode!). Take it into manual mode and it's just so much fun!

The lens (mine is a 18-55mm IS model) is good for short to medium distance shots, after a while you feel like getting a bigger lens to increase zoom.

The camera seems basic when you compare the feature list to it's bigger brothers but it has many features that will take time for a beginner to master and by then it may be ready to move on something more professional if you want, but i'm keeping mine for a long time to come as it's so much fun.
on 1 February 2011
As a long time fan of Canon,when it came to buying my first DSLR camera I did not look much beyond the Canon range. I found the camera to have everything I wanted for my first foray into the realms of DSLR photography. It is light, easy to use and provides excellent results. The Amazon price was also very competitive. Only one slight down side is an IS lens would have been preferable to the EFS 18 - 55mm provided.

Recommended for anyone looking for a reliable and quality first DSLR camera.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 April 2011
Bought this for my wife to replace her ageing Praktica SLRs, and although we've only scratched the surface with it so far, we been delighted with the results. The lack of image stabilisation hasn't really presented any problems, since the automatic programs have made a good job of adjusting the shutter and exposure accordingly.
If you're already a serious photographer then you may find the more expensive 500D or 70D to be more suited, but for the casual user or beginner, it takes great pictures. Has just been replaced by the 1100D which is why we got it at such a good price.
One person found this helpful
on 11 November 2010
Got this camera as a sort of beginners product and I have to say, great little camera, compact enough to take around, quite loud in focusing but not a problem for me! Bright flash, Very good quality pictures, Useful settings and a reasonably easy to use interface although people only just starting in photography should get an easier to use product, took me a while to get used to it. In short it's a great camera, looks great, not massive, good screen size and I think it's a great camera to have. I've always thought well of Canon and this is a confirmation for me.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 August 2017
Love this camera, must admit haven't used it much since buying it and still learning. I have no complaints with it so far and it was second hand.
on 6 June 2015
lovely camera,exactly as described,well packaged in original box,stated 3 spare batteries included,actually4 were included,prompt delivery made it a trouble free transaction would use again,highly recommended.
on 9 June 2015
Very good Camera. As Canon is a good sign of quality you know your going to be pleased as I was very good Quality pictures well happy
on 3 February 2014
This camera was the best purchase I ever made! I am really satisfied with the quick delivery and the great camera.

Thanks so much!!
on 2 April 2015
Fantastic camera at a fantastic price, got mine second hand but in very good condition! It has been a joy doing prime focus astrophotography!!!