on 29 August 2013
These arrived quickly from the supplier, and once planted, germinated within a week or so. Once transferred outside, they took about 3 months to become established and start flowering & producing fruit. These plants are actually vigorous climbers, and they spread along the ground at a terrific rate, wrapping tendrils around anything in their path! I've knocked a star off my review, because the description doesn't mention this important fact anywhere!

As I mentioned, my plants are only just beginning to produce cucumbers (after planting them in May), and these are small (3-4cm) but juicy & tasty- although it could be that I just need to leave them on the plant for longer before picking. They're covered in little spines, which need to be rubbed off before consuming- again, this isn't mentioned.

This year, I've planted my cucumbers up against a trellis to give them somewhere to climb.

Update: I ordered some more of these seeds this year (2015), and they were sent from China! The seeds were in a little silver envelope with absolutely no instructions, just a label showing contents. It just goes to show, everything's being made in China these days...
on 30 September 2011
I grew so many of these things that we were giving them to everyone. I took no chances with failure and tripled the seeds in each plant pot and got three plants in each!?! Normal compost and a feed now and then once they started growing fruit. I had to thin some out as I really didn't expect them to grow so well in Yorkshire but they grew in a plastic greenhouse and out of it no problem. Everyone I gave them to likes the taste. I'm a big fan of these lemon cucumbers now and will be buying more seeds soon. My family now believe I'm the garden expert and I must admit to liking it.
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 July 2011
Have had some success with these. I gave some away as seeds and some as small plants. Tried one in a raised bed from a small plant but it died. My 2 remaining plants are looking good. I have these in medium sized terracotta pots growing up a cane, gently tied on. Today (06/07/11) I have discovered some little cucumbers coming along nicely a lovely bright yellow. These do not seem as easy as usual cucumbers but would grow again as a bit of a challenge!
Cannot wait to see what they taste like. I will give a progress and taste feedback if I have further success.
on 1 May 2013
Easy to grow funny round cucumbers, but juicy and tasty. Makes people look twice.
Good germination but seeds don't store well. Plant them all!
on 22 May 2013
all seeds germinated and are growing away time will tell if the cucumbers are nice to eat but the start is promising
on 10 June 2013
Really pleased, these cucumbers are now coming very nicely indeed and look forward to trying them as soon as they are ready.
on 11 April 2012
bought 2pks of 20 seeds, one 4 a friend, 3 of his germinated from 20, 5 of mine ,one died and the others look sick! raised in warm room ,transfered to heated greenhouse, hard to grow but intend to try again !
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 August 2015
I purchased these along with the Crystal Apple cucumbers from a different supplier as successfully grew these varieties from seeds bought at a car boot sale several years ago and LOVED them! Although at the end of the planting season, I decided to take a risk and planted several in my mini 4 tier greenhouse - out of the 6 seeds I planted only 2 have sprouted within a week and are growing although looking a tad thin and weedy! I am hoping they perk up and produce but will keep them in the mini greenhouse. If they produce, I expect to harvest table tennis/golf ball size light yellow colour lemon shaped cucumbers. The thin rind is covered with small spines which can be removed by gently brushing with your thumb or a nail brush and the flesh is delicate - lovely to pop in the mouth for a snack or sliced with salads or sandwiches!
on 11 July 2013
I planted these seeds last week 2 to a pot already 6ins high and have to b staked already ,am very pleased with product
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 January 2016
These look very nice and pretty and actually grew very well in my dad's greenhouse. He's a very good gardener and grows lots of stuff, I try to get him unusual things to grow so gave these a whirl. Unfortunately they tasted absolutely awful and were completely inedible so they all went in the bin which was a shame after having such high hopes. Never known such a vile bitter taste and even after just one bite the taste lingered for hours. On the bright side we will look back and laugh probably!!! The one start is for the comedy value of watching others try the fruit!