on 22 June 2016
Very quick delivery and microphones are fab better than the wired ones that my son loved to pull at while his sister was singing now she can sing without the worry of him pullin it down on her 😂
Upgraded from the wired mics for my PS3, and the price alone with worth the lack of wires to get tangled up. The whole kit is easy to store away, as it comes it a little bag to keep the lot together in.

Either my singings also gotten better, or these mics are also of better quality than the wired ones, as I find the game slightly easier too.

The mics work with all PS2 and PS3 Singstar titles.

Highly recommended.
on 5 September 2017
Good quality product at a reasonable price.
on 17 June 2017
Thanks
on 26 June 2017
Much better without cables!
on 4 April 2017
Microphones in good condition. Was missing the cable from the reciever to the playstation. Had to go out and buy my own. Cable wasnt normal micro USB so was a bit awkward
on 19 June 2013
They both work well with playstation 3 singing games depending on who is attempting to sing... they don't make singers out of incompetents though
on 5 April 2014
bought as a Christmas present for my grand son he was very pleased with them and they have proved a big hit
on 22 March 2009
Had these on pre-order as soon as they appeared on Amazon who dispatched the day before their release so I had them on day one. Firstly install is as simple as plugging in the new USB microphone receiver and putting the batteries in the microphones and turning them on. No new software is needed and according to the blurb they will work as will with the PS2 version of Singstar as well (untested).

The microphones are slightly larger than the wired versions however they feel slightly lighter or more balanced. IMHO they do feel better in the hand than the wired versions.

The power switch needs to be slid forwards and held for a few seconds to turn the mic on and off and sliding down puts it into a locked position. I was a little concerned about this switch as its position is under my hand whilst singing but after 50 or so songs we've still yet to have a accidental deactivation so I think this is me being overly worried.

Quality wise they work as well as the wired version, no white noise, sound distortion or problems playing the game. Range wise they work everywhere in our large living within 15-20 feet of the PS3 receiver.

I was hoping got the voice song selection feature that I'd heard about but apparently its a feature that's built into the latest versions of the PS3 Singstar disks (unconfirmed). With luck this feature will appear in the Singstar update in due course I doubt that they will want to support different branches of software.

So my conclusion is that they do what they say on the side of the tin, no extra bells or whistles (e.g. flashing lights etc.) which is a good thing. They do the job well and are uncomplicated.

My only gripe that they Sony should have made these available from day one.
on 15 March 2009
I trialed this product and they work perfectly, they are bulkier than the wired version but this doesn't matter as it allows you to sing from a distance without having to be restricted to wires. They allow a faster game set up as their are no wires to untangle. Excellent product, A must have for any Singstat fan.
33 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse