Customer reviews

My Wicked Fantasy
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.49

on 25 December 1997
A decade has passed since Alice, the wife of the Earl of Sanderhurst, Archer St. John, suddenly vanished. Among the Ton, there is no doubt that Archer did away with his spouse. Archer literally disappeared from polite society.
When Archer accidentally runs down Mary Kate Benner, he takes the injured widow into his home so she can recover. However, she starts revealing things about his missing wife that no one but Archer and Alice should know. Archer, who desperately wants to leaner what really happened to Alice, begins to hope that his guest can supply him with needed answers. Meanwhile Mary finds herself attracted to her enigmatic host, but wonders what role he played in Alice's disappearance and why does Alice want her to protect him from pending danger? He also finds himself falling deeper in love than he ever did before. However, learning the truth about Archer's wife may prove very dangerous for the intrepid couple.
Karen Ranney adeptly blends mystery and supernatural elements into a refreshing Regency romance that will thrill fans of all three genres. The lead protagonists are an appealing pair struggling with a puzzling past and an eerie present in hopes of carving out a loving future together. MY WICKED FANTASY is a romantic treasure that will propel Ms. Ranney's name towards the top of the historical romance universe.
Harriet Klausner
on 9 December 2013
For the last year, I have been steeped in all sorts of books, all completely different from Karen Ranney, because before then I read one after the other of her stories and I was 'mush'!

My Wicked Fantasy, I thought, was excellent; back to the wordy repartee between the two main characters that I love so much. I did have the villain and the mystery element pegged very early on but it didn't matter one jot, because I just loved it and I wont leave it so long in future.
on 10 March 1998
This book was such a pleasant suprise. The plot is original; the characters engaging. It is a book that I could not wait to finish and never wanted to see end. I have read hundreds of Romance novels and this one belongs near the top of the list. I look forward to reading more from Karen Ranney.
on 23 July 1999
This is the first book I have read by karen Ranney. I was quite surprised. The only drawback to the book I felt was Author Ranney did get a little too wordy trying to lure you into the sights and sounds. I found myself reading the first line of each paragraph and moving on. Although, it didn't take long to find myself wondering what happened to Alice and subsequently, found myself totally absorbed into the story. The plot was very believable. I work in a field where I hear about and see these types of crimes every day. Good suspense story. I look foward to reading her other books. I hope they are as satisfying.