on 27 February 2015
One of the things you may find with modern USB-charged devices is that you need decent cables to get the full charge flowing through the device. For example, my Samsung Tab 2 and Tab 4 won't actually take a charge if it's through a generic cable that came with something like a rechargeable mouse, even though the connection is the same. The cables that come with them also tend to be too short for any practical use so having them plugged in to the wall and sitting on a sofa is generally not possible unless you have a socket directly beside the sofa.

I bought the USB cable along with the USB extension cable and was pleasantly surprised to see that both combined immediately allowed for the full charge to reach the Samsung tablets, so the Tab 2 could actually BE charged (it couldn't get a charge at all before unless I used a dedicated Samsung cable and wall adapter) and the Tab 4 charged in 50% of the time it took with the generic cables. Because it's also a decent enough cable to allow the trickle-charge, I'm also able to get an additional couple of hours from each charging cycle.

So far, I've used both cables combined to charge:
Samsung Tab 2
Samsung Tab 3
Samsung S5
KitSound Manhattan headphones
PlayStation 4 controller
BlackBerry Classic

All of which have charged perfectly, and have provided better battery performance than they did with generic non-branded cables.
on 23 November 2014
This USB extension cable is probably the best one I've ever bought. It's a good length and does the job well. I use it to charge my iPhone, which is frequently too far away from the plug for the Lightning to USB cable to reach. It is expensive in comparison to other USB extensions I have bought off Amazon in the past, but many of those cause the iPhone to stop charging at random points, showing a 'Charging is not supported with this accessory' error message. I have never had an issue with this one. It feels well made, too. Would definitely buy again and highly recommended.
on 27 July 2017
as expected
on 4 May 2013
Brilliant! Can't flaw this in any way as its a great product at a low price with a fast delivery!

just get it as you won't find better for less!
on 4 July 2014
very happy with my purchas
on 5 November 2012
I made the assumption that I would be able to use this cable as an extension for charging my mobile phone (Galaxy S3) since the charger is USB based. It seems that the voltage drop is too much and thus won't carry enough current to charge my phone.

Works great for a data, not for charging.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This USB extension lead does part of the job I wanted it for (extending the miserly 1m lead that comes with a Samsung Galaxy Tab) admirably, so I no longer find myself accidentally unplugging my tablet from its charger. It's a basic black lead - but Amazon did still manage to integrate their logo twice over.

However, the male ends of device leads don't seem to plug fully into the female end of this - leaving about 5mm of metal exposed when pushed in as tightly as they will go. I don't know if it's this gap or the simple fact of the extension cord being present but there is some drop in power vs using the mains lead directly. Whilst the extension presents no problems for charging my tablet, not enough power gets through to allow my Samsung keyboard dock (which uses the tablet's charger lead as its power supply) to work.
I wanted a longer USB cable to connect a printer to my desktop, which sits on a different table a little distance away. In the past, I replaced a malfunctioning printer cable with one equipped with gold-plated connectors and I knew from this experience that quality makes a big difference, so I looked specifically for gold-plated connectors and not the cheapest cable I could find.

I am very happy with this purchase. Although it's only a piece of wire, it is essential to operate my printer. The AmazonBasics cable is sturdy yet flexible, the connectors have a look of quality and, unless it's a coincidence, my oldish printer seems to work more reliably.

I had previously bought an AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to B-Male Cable 6 Feet / 1.8 m for my camcorder and all I have said above also applies to that cable. A very good product at an affordable price. The product was packaged adequately in environmentally-friendly cardboard.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an Amazon branded USB extension cable delivered in a box rather than an impossible to open blister pack. It functions well in extending the miserably short cables that come with, for example, the iPhone or the M-Audio 49 Key USB Midi Keyboard, being able to both transmit signal and deliver power. It functions substantially better than the BUS POWERED 5M ACTIVE USB EXTENSION CABLE I tested it against.

As time goes on, life fills up with more and more USB devices, and not all of them can be right next to your desktop or laptop. Even homes that had never heard of USB four years ago are going to benefit from this type of extension. Cameras, iPods, scanners, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, printers and music devices are all competing for space on your desk, which is made worse when they require their own power supply, as most printers do, encouraging you to plug more and more devices into an ever increasing number of mains power extensions. If you have any bulky USB devices, chances are a USB extension like this one will let you organise your computer in a way which is better suited to how you would like to work.

I tested this one with a MIDI keyboard and an iPhone -- two devices which are fairly demanding in their own way. There were no issues with either, and, importantly with the keyboard, there was no additional 'latency', when the notes on the computer come out a fraction of a second after you've played them. That's pretty good. I'm pleased with this cable, and feel confident I can rely on it.

Amazon makes a big deal about the 'frustration free' packaging, so a word on that. This cable arrives in a cardboard box, not in one of those plastic packages that you can only open with scissors and a bit of a fight, and which are then dreadful if you want to return an unsuitable product. This is a fairly intelligent piece of thinking by Amazon, since they would have put the plastic blister packaging in a box anyway to send it through the post. Not perhaps the most exciting development in the world, but it helps to reduce the impact on the environment. Good for them.

Good product, good packaging. Nothing else really to be said.
on 18 August 2010
I bought this cable for use with a T-Mobile broadband dongle: it does not work for this purpose! I can only assume that the cable is not sufficiently shielded or the voltage drop is too great for this use. So I instead purchased a different (longer, 5m!) USB extension cable, also via Amazon, that turns out to work perfectly for what I need. You can find this alternative listed as: "USB A male to A Female Extension Cable 5m" by CDL Micro.
22 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse