on 18 November 2014
Like other have noted.... This isn't the ideal solution for charging. It seems to not be able to sustain the voltage required to charge my iPad air.

"Not charging" is displayed on the device and this means exactly that; insufficient voltage.

Hate to give a one star review but this product is useless to me.
on 20 February 2012
Having moved the pc to another room, I needed to operate the win7 extended desktop from the room where the hdtv is. Wireless mouse wouldn't work through the wall (have pc connected to hdtv via hdmi on graphics card). Made a hole in wall near skirting board, fed through the hdmi cabe + this usb extender, popped in the mouse receiver to the usb female end
This device works perfectly. I can now watch my movies etc and control the pc input from the "telly room".
Prompt delivery then just plug and play. Simples.
on 17 January 2014
I bought this as an extension to charge my Galaxy S4 via USB from the USB. However, it strongly limits the amount of power available to charge the phone. When I connect my phone via the supplied Samsung cable the phone can charge from 50% to full power within about 2-3 hours. With this cable acting as an extension it would take all day to get from 50% to about 65%.

Works fine for data transfer. So good value as long as you don't want to charge. There are other cables that are specifically designed for charging.
on 21 June 2013
Amazon branded stuff is ok quality, better than most of the cheap chinese imports out there, thats for sure. I bought this as I needed a way to hook up my laptop to my External hard drive thats all the way over the other side of the room (constantly plugging and unplugging it winds me up as it has a power adaptor as well).

the item works great, sometimes It takes 10-15seconds to read thwe hard drive when plugged in through this, but thats to be expected wwith the extra length. 3m is an ideal length as well, as if you go over 5m you start to get signal degridation.

so yeah, reasonably priced, good quality, works great. what more could you want?
on 1 February 2018
Great Item, Fast Delivery
on 16 February 2018
Good extension lead.
on 17 December 2013
This is the best quality USB cable I have ever bought. Very sturdy extension. I use it as an extension to an iPhone USB charging cable. It greatly extends my range. I have not tested it for data, but works great for the purpose I bought it for and feels like it should last forever.
on 9 March 2012
one of the most useful items you can have for your computer.
the cable effectively means you can have usb device/s plugged in further away than close to the computer which for me is essential as it's connected to my backup external hard drive.
Not sure of the exact cable speed as only using for backups but i'd assume it's a usb 2.0.
on 15 September 2012
Used to extend the 1 m cable that was supplied with my Samsung Galaxy Tablet. Bought a dedicated, longer cable for the Tablet, but that crashed my PC ! This USB extension cable is decent, works properly, but as said above seems a tad pricey. Thats the only reason for knocking off a star.
on 18 November 2017
Excellent cable at a great price.