on 13 January 2010
My 8 year old loves learning about the Human Body, and this is a fantastic, tactile, model!

Within minutes of getting this, she was "dissecting" using the supplied tools, and laying all the bits out - all very Gooey and realistic. The accompanying book is very good, but should probably be spiral bound to help the pages stay open - there is lots of useful interesting stuff, written in a good style.

The plastic body/stand isn't the best quality, but the overall package, with the internal organs, is very well done.

My daughter said to say that the stomach and liver don't stick together very well, so she'd rate it at 4.75 Stars out of 5 - but I guess that the fact she can identify all of the parts, and take it apart and re-build it with no help (and frequently still does!) Speaks for itself!
on 6 November 2013
Bought this due to rave reviews but disappointed. Forceps broke within seconds and body parts very tricky to place exactly in correct places. Also, book very American. My grown up son and I struggled with it so I'm amazed that children have enjoyed it.
on 29 September 2010
I'm a homeschooling mum with children aged 11 and 9. I was originally going to buy one of the traditional human anatomy model - the kind you find in school science labs - but the one I wanted was out of stock so I bought this one instead.

I'm glad I did. Both of my children love the squishy rubbery organs and had great fun "dissecting" the figure. There is a special "organ"iser to place the removed organs on that identifies what the organs are. The accompanying book is also excellent. It covers everything the children wanted to know in an entertaining and fun way.

The model is also extremely easy to put back together as you can just push it all back into the body higglety pigglety and pack it all away (unlike the traditional anatomy models that need everything put back in precisely in the right place).

My only complaint is that the torso is open and there is no cover for it which means that the model has to be stored in a box otherwise bits would go missing.
on 1 January 2013
Lots of fiddly clear tape holding the body closed, took time to find it all, then the body parts are not easy to get out or fix back in place. The tweezers and forceps were rubbish and the forceps fell apart within 2 minutes, on a par with what you might get in a cracker. The sheet to place parts onto is a folded paper sheet, so it does not lie flat and the bits move around and you get bits lost too easlily.
on 14 December 2009
I bought this for my niece's 6Th birthday as she was wanting to know more about how the human body works,especially the internal organs.Both she and her 3 year old brother love it,particularly the squidgy organs!They initially needed some adult help to put it back together but this does not deter them playing with it.My other 2 nieces have also shown a great interest so I have ordered one for them for Christmas.Definitely recommend this toy.
on 18 May 2010
this is a great educational toy, my son loves it, he took it into school to show his friends, and his teacher thought it was great too. would recommend this educational toy.
on 20 October 2013
My son initially loved this, however once taken apart it is very difficult to put back together and also case is not very strong. Within minutes or opening the tweezer/scissors broke. Overall, quite disappointing :-(
on 14 June 2012
Bought this for our 4 year old who was asking about a skeleton after reading books about them. Thought about getting just a skeleton, but decided on this one for educational reasons plus it seemed more fun! She loves the game of Operation so thought this was fantastic. She loves taking all the pieces out and putting them back in correctly. The toy is fairly well made but not durable, the squidgy organs feel tacky and will probably get quite fluffy if in contact with the carpet too many times! One of the parts is stuck together so well that if you try and detach it, the plastic starts to split, so we leave it in. I thought the 'skin' would cover the whole body, but there is a hole in the front where the guts are and if you leave it standing up the bits fall out, so we have to leave it lying down in the box. Overall its more educational than an everyday toy, but she loves it, her favourite bit is taking out the brain!
on 16 February 2011
Bought this model because of the good reviews and it truly deserves them. My son is only four but very interested in the human body and all the inner workings. When the model arrived he was over the moon and has been playing with it non stop. It only took him half an hour to be able to tell all the organs apart and give me a lecture about them.
The model comes with tweezers and he loves playing surgeon. Official age recommendation is 8+. Younger children obviously need help reading the booklet but I would definitely recommend this for curious younger ones. The organs are quite squishy and sticky which my son obviously loves. The quality is good for the price. The whole model is very well packaged. The sender really took great care when it came to wrapping it up so the box arrived without the slightest little dent.
on 15 June 2010
I bought this for the whole family, but Partly to help me with the anatomy part of an acupuncture degree. i havn't had a look-in yet as my 7 year old son thinks this is now his best toy. i am also hoping it will help my teenage daughter who wants to be a doctor! Great for all the family from 7-47 years at least.

See one answered question