on 18 October 2009
This is an absolutely stunning monitor and at a pretty good price for a 120Hz model. It worked straight out of the box when plugged into a Windows 7 64bit system, requiring no installation of drivers just an adjustment up to 120Hz from within the display properties.
Bluray movies look absolutely stunning when played through this monitor and when accompanied by the 3d glasses, games leap out of the screen at you. A fantastic purchase and one which I highly recommend to anyone looking for a 'future-proof' replacement monitor.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 October 2010
I got this Samsung SM2233RZ from another retailer. and the Nvidia 3D glasses from Amazon.

Took a while to set up, but when it was done, the Nvidia demo screen shots launched to prove the 3D vision was working!

Right away I noticed an issue. I could see faint outlines where there was high amounts of contrast between items on the screen.

I did some digging to see how to resolve this, and guess what? There is no way to get rid of it unless you spend a lot more money on a better screen!

Look for for the terms "Crosstalk" and "Ghosting" It's REALLY common!

Samsung claim this will work as all you need is a 120mhz screen. THIS IS NOT ALL YOU SHOULD CONSIDER!!!

A higher refresh rate means more frames are being drawn to the screen per second. As such, you need a monitor that also has a low Response Time (The time it takes a pixel to physically change state). For a 120Hz LCD, anything above 2ms is too slow for this tech. Most 3d monitors still use 5ms, which simply isn't fast enough.

Unless you spend half a ton on an Alienware 3D screen (or whatever is out when you read this) your going to get ghosting.

As I right this, people are waiting for the BenQ XL2410T to come out, and this is about the same price range, but has a 2ms response time. But that's yet to be proven.

It's a shame as this tech is way over due, and we still have a way to go!

Anyway, I am returning this with much regret.

I'm sure in a few years things will move on and we will FINALLY get the 3D we desire.

Sigh!!!
on 25 January 2011
This monitor has great resolution and is a overall great monitor.
I have used the monitor with the NVidia 3D kit and it looks great no flicker is seen either.
A very good option if your PC has a blue ray player it is possible to configure it for 3D Blue ray viewing through the computer.
Over all a excellent monitor
on 24 November 2009
This has to be the best purchase I have ever made to enhance my gaming experience. The 3D enabled Samsung monitor with Nvidia 3D vision glasses is the ideal Christmas present for your Boyfriend/Husband, you may lose them to this new virtual 3D world, but they will be forever grateful! As was I when my wife bought it for me on my birthday.

It's perfect 3D and works with almost every game, there's no odd colours or a headache to follow just perfect 3D.
The way it works is by using the Samsungs 120hz screen and Nvidia's 3D vision glasses. The glasses have active shutter lenses, so when the left shutter is closed you see the right eye's image on the screen, when the right shutter is closed you see the left eye's image on the screen. And all this happens at a total speed of 120Hz so to fast for your brain to notice which creates the perfect 3D virtual experience for us gamers!

It really makes an excellent immersive experience putting you in the game! For all Call of Duty fans this it a must have!

Hope that's helped!
55 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 June 2010
Got this as part of my NVIDIA 3D Vision system and it works brilliantly for gaming, especially Batman: Arkham Asylum.

A word of warning, this will not be compatible with 3D Blu-Ray as it doesn't support HDCP in 120Hz mode.
on 7 May 2011
I do a lot of gaming (especially FPS's) and, as such, the high refresh rate is a wonder. The quality is great, the price is great (compared to other 120hz monitors) and it's easy to set up.

Highly recommended.
on 12 December 2010
Nothing much to say, it works great with Nvidia 3d Vision. The screen is great too when im not watching in 3d.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 November 2011
G r e a t Mo ni to r re co me nd to e v e r y o n e
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 April 2010
I friend a mine recently bought this monitor due to its impressively cheap price. I on the other hand bought the Alien-ware 3D monitor and having seen both i can tell you that the quality of this monitor is an utter joke compared to the Alien-ware version. Granted you will have to pay around 500 pounds and wait for the delivery from Dell. But for anyone out there looking to get the best in new 3D technology, do not buy this Monitor. Don't listen to the people who have only seen this monitor!!! they do not know the difference as it is new technology!!!
66 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse