Customer reviews

Obsession
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 13 May 2017
if there was a 10 star review it would give it, this is by far my favourite author and his characters have great repore
on 11 May 2017
Johnathon Kellerman serves up another good story with the usual twists and turns to keep me engrossed
on 15 May 2017
totally susan lewis.
on 8 August 2017
great read
on 16 May 2017
V good
on 8 October 2017
Absolutely amazing service and very pleased with the service will be using again thanks
on 8 August 2017
I found it a bit boring.
on 20 July 2017
Found it difficult to get started but it all became clear in the end
on 10 May 2014
gave the book as a gift to my mother she has other books by same author, she enjoyed the story line all the way to end.
on 14 August 2011
It's a long time since I wrote a review on Amazon, since I have no time for it these days.

However, after having read this book I felt I had to say something. Lately I have read a lot of Susan Lewis' books and enjoyed many of them, especially in the beginning. If that is because I accidently picked good ones (for me), I don't know, but there must have been some difference between those first ones and the two latest. Before "Obsession" I read "Stolen Beginnings" and gave up after about two thirds and peeked at the end.
As I started "Obsession", it seemed very good in the beginning, in fact approximately a fourth into the book. Then it was an enjoyable, interesting story with the potential of being a great read all through.

Oh no. In all Susan Lewis' books there is quite a bit of sex, which is ok as long as it's a necessary part of the story. But as in "Stolen Beginnings", also in "Obsession" it started to become quite a bit more than what seemed necessary and it was kinky and very detailed stuff. I'm no prude, but when in the end everybody seem to make love with everybody, not seldom three and four people at the time... Well, it was also often brutal and ended up in very ugly scenes. I understand that this ugliness was necessary in order to explain the mental state of several main characters in the book. But still. In the end I felt the whole story unbelievable and horrible. It also took a long time and lots of dialogue and details to reach the solving of the puzzle. Anyone would know there was something special and awful at the end of this but it took forever to get there and the author drags the reader through an endless number of disgusting dialogue and kinky sex.

I gave up almost half way through the book. Just skimmed through the rest and peeked at the end, where it all got more or less normal again.

On top of everything the book is actually a real fairytale story and very much like "Stolen Beginnings" with basically the same ingredients.

I ordered several S. Lewis books in one bulk, so still have some left. I can only hope these will be more like the first ones I read. However, I have ordered several other authors now since I need something different. And in future I shall remember to look at reviews before buying any more by Susan Lewis.