HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 September 2009
I gave up with Norton products several years ago having found them clunky, not particularly user-friendly and they hogged too many system resources making my PC frustratingly slow. So when my husband bought a Vista PC with a 3 month trial pre-installed, I was sceptical and anticipated he'd soon grow weary of it - but how wrong I was...

Norton 360 v.3 is a comprehensive, fully-integrated anti-virus, internet-security, PC optimisation and backup program all in one - and it does what it says. It works away quietly in the background updating, scanning for viruses, tweaking the hard drive and even backing up data at whatever schedule you choose without noticeably slowing down the system. It's also much more user-friendly and intuitive that the old Norton products.

Now that my husband's 3-month free trial has ended there has been no question as to whether he continues to use this - he won't trust anything else! The package provides complete peace of mind and, although it's not the cheapest product, it's very good value when spread across 2 PCs and a laptop. It's also cheaper to buy the full boxed product from Amazon than it is to renew or download direct from the Symantec site!
One person found this helpful
on 4 September 2009
The package itself is a fine replacement for Norton 360 v2.0 with a few added features and a slightly decreased time from switching on the PC to being able to start working compared with v2.0. The Norton 360 series has never given me any cause to reconsider and try something else and I have not seen any interference with applications or slowing of games when using it.

Buying a new installation 3 PC 1 year subscription via Amazon was far cheaper than an upgrade from Norton direct (even cheaper than an extension of v2.0), so well done Amazon! The only issue that I did have was than unlike previous years of upgrading the 360 series this way, Norton tried to start my new subscription running concurrently with the last weeks of the old one, rather than giving a full year extension at the end of it. A call to Norton customer support soon fixed that though.
on 21 January 2010
Norton antivirus software is REALLY good. I've been a long time user of it and never had any issues or problems with it. I did stray once and tried a certain hardware protection USB stick together with Kaspersky software one year but that turned out to be a mistake. Sure, some of the earlier versions of Norton impacted performance on occasions but over the last few years I've not experienced anything like that. It's been an easy, reliable and safe piece of software.

If you just want to know you've got all the bases covered and you're protected online as best you can, they just purchase this software, install it (just go with the default settings) and away you go.

If you're purchasing this because you're previous Norton software subscription has expired then it is possible to just enter the product code but it's worthwhile just inserting and installing from the disk instead, otherwise you may not get upgraded from N360 v2.5 to this v3 version.

The best thing about this version is that you can actually turn the back-up reminder off if you so prefer - although be sure you really don't need backups before you do this!

I did ponder going for Norton Internet Security instead of this 360 but this version does give you "Set it and forget it" protection and "PC Tuneup" which seems to work well (and also the back up). I think this is worth the little extra.
on 15 August 2009
I had Norton 180 last year and had no problems what so ever... up until the point when it started claiming that it has expired... 2 months before it was actually due to expire. I installed Norton 360 as soon as I could and it picked up a tracking cookie, which explained why our new computer had all of the sudden turned so slow... BUT it failed to remove it!!!! Tried to scan all over again and it always claimed to have found a cookie and removed it again until next time so on so on... Did some surfing at the net and discovered that someone in US had had exactly the same problem and could not get help from norton official chat room... Thought... UK site would maybe be better!!! Logged on... did live chat... the assistant assured me that they are able to help me for sure, but I'd have to dish out another £60 for that!!!!!!! I was blinded with rage, since I had already paid for a licence for a product WHICH OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT DO WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN!!! so I eventually had to uninstall it and install AVG-free... which found a TROJAN not a cookie and got rid of all my misery in one scan!!!!! So think hard before you press place it in your basket....
3 people found this helpful
on 18 July 2017
Fantastic item and at a brilliant price and fast delivery.
on 20 August 2010
I like Norton 360 and bought this to enable a further years subscription. However, having maintained my existing 360v2.0 with regular up dates, this version did not want to install as it believed that I was loading something older than the what was already in place. Went round in circles trying to uninstal and reinstal this software but gave up and bought the later version (V4.0) in the end which loaded quite easily. I'm sure a software buff would have sorted easily - but I am not one so - lesson learned...............
on 3 July 2017
Worked very well.
on 18 March 2017
Good service worked perfectly. Original.
on 8 May 2009
I have had this installed on two machines so far for about a month. The new version is definitely quicker to start, seems to manage lots of security in the background and is much less memory hungry. I am very impressed with Version 3.0 to date on what was quite a good product before. I rarely give 5 starts, down to my northern thrift!
One person found this helpful
on 5 October 2009
I looked at the reviews and looked at all sorts of internet security before buying this. I wanted something all singing an dancing, so if thats what you want this is the product for you. I would have given this 5 stars, but the downside to this is that it does slow your computer down when you turn it on.

If you want all singing and dancing that is easy to use, buy this. If you want something good that does not slow your computer buy Norton Internet Security 2009.