Customer reviews

Bosch PCL 20 Cross Line Laser Level with Tripod Set

on 9 October 2012
Bought this to replace a plumb line laser that was stolen on site and it preforms the plumb task well.
I used it to mark out all my centrelines and positions of my fire sprinklers on the ground, it handled all this well also.
Great cheap option for home or on site, although this only has 10m range which for me is perfect but obviously not good enough for bigger areas
however they would have to be pretty large.
on 12 February 2012
Ok I work on site as a dry liner. I bought this as a cheaper alternative to a Dewalt line laser as mine had broke, it was virtually half the price, has a plumb bob dot as well. The build is quite good although the mode button is a little on the small side, the '10m' range on the spec sheet to be fair is bull knackers.
Must be half of that, the dewalt reaches twice the distance at least and fades to a bigger line where u would take the middle of it as level, the Bosch just vanishes after a couple of meters! And in verticle doesn't stretch over your head like the dewalt, the line starts about 2.5 meters ahead. Lucky for the plumb bob dot... Although u can't have it on at the same time as the lines.. Another bug bear is there is no magnet on the back for quick fix to metal studs columns etc.
Saying that I did get a free tripod, handy for some diy tiling! And the Off switch also locks the pendant to protect it from damage. Overall the spec is over inflated and should be reviewed or the laser up graded to be fair,
I'm keeping this as a spare and have gone back to the dewalt.
Summary: If your on leveling on site or bright conditions don't buy it, if your doing DIY at home tiling, door frames, a little wall, small jobs etc, it will be ok. It's not what I bought it for though and feel a bit let down, therefore 2stars..
33 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 April 2014
The product is decent quality and fine for hanging wallpaper or tiles etc. The claimed range of up to 10m is complete rubbish though. The whole reason I bought the item was because I needed it to work over long distances which it simply does not do so only 2 stars I am afraid. You shouldn't mislead your customers so blatantly. Wont be so quick to by Bosch in the future despite their good rep.
Indoors it will work to around 5 metres as long as its not too bright.
Outdoors on even the dullest of days you will be lucky to get 1,5 metres.
Maybe Bosch intended it for use in the dark??????
on 25 December 2011
i have used this for everything from lining up lights, to putting down floor screeds. I also used it to fit a kitchen it made leveling easy as i had it on the tripod so i just had to wind up the legs to the laser line simple as that i then used the wind up function on the tripod as seen in the demo video to get the line of the wall units. To sum up this is a fantastic bit of kit,if like me you think this is too cheap to be any good you are wrong go ahead and buy it you will not be disappointed.
on 30 November 2011
I don't normally write reviews of products but I am so pleased with thr Bosch PCL20. I have just put up 12 pictures in two rows of six, sounds easy but when I tried it first with out the Bosch they were all out of line. The Bosch made the job simple and accurate. Buy it with the Tripod as this really helps. It also is very useful for hanging pictures up stair, getting the angle and position just right.
on 22 April 2012
Happy all round with everything, and delivery. It does everything that i bought it for, and for the price. Two things to mention. the laser beam is not strong enough at 10mts indoors with normal daylight. if it is overcast then it is quite visible. When using the wall mount, it would be nice if it could pivot freely. { without slackening the nut. } Other than that there is no problem.
on 16 August 2012
Nice bit of kit, can be a bit tricky to set up if your trying to line up on marked points. But three lighting installs down and the lock function is quite good, so far very pleased. But if your an electrician trying to do sockets you will need to build/buy a low tripod/holder for positions below about 500mm.
on 29 September 2011
Magic,
Just used it to level a kitchen unit and base. I'm a spark and will use this for marking out lines of down lights and levelling accessories on different Walls.
The only down side is the price of the pole which is an extra. I wish I'd bought a laser level years ago.
on 16 June 2011
I was unsure about buying this as it was not clear if the system is fully self-levelling. However, I really shouldn't have worried - an Electrician showed me his in action and I was sold - ordered mine that evening. It levels perfectly and even has a small multi-plane bubble level to help get the machine into self levelling range. I got the machine to help me with setting a plumb line for wallpapering - and it has already paid for itself. The crossline system will come in useful and I already have a job for the locked angle setting. A very good piece of equipment that I shall use often. Delivery of mine was unbelievably fast too. Don't hesitate - get one ASAP!!
on 24 February 2012
Great little item at a reasonable price. Only downside is I would have liked the tri-pod to have reduced in size smaller than 25" for better storage . Apart from that highly recommended.

See one answered question