on 3 August 2013
I bought this and the Bosch laser measure as I was in the process of doing up an old property. The level has been invaluable for many of the jobs including fitting banisters, hanging paintings, tiling, wall mounting speakers / TV and marking for spotlights from floor level. It can do horizontal and vertical lines and also has a plumb line feature which has helped align many pieces of joinery.

Battery life seems to be around 200 hours and the product is ruggedly built. The ability to lock the mechanism is particularly useful if you want a line that isn;t level such as fitting a banister. I often find working with this to project a horizontal field across a room and using a steel rule to measure a distance from that point works best. I've used this method to level floors and pour concrete.

I've had a few cheaper levels in the past and the accuracy has been poor or they have failed quickly. This is definitely on a par with professional products and highly recommended!
on 5 February 2016
I'd thought about getting one of these levels for some time, having seen others using them and on TV shows etc. I spent a while looking at different models and seeing what the available features were and the Bosch PCL 20 seemed to cover all bases as far as a high end diyer would want. Yes there are cheaper and also far more expensive models around, but this seemed to have everything I wanted and be in the price range I wanted also.
I've not used it a huge amount yet, but I can see it getting a lot of useage as I keep thinking of new applications where it will come in handy! Tiling so far, but paperhanging soon and checking footings and brickwork levels in the summer is the plan.
Accuracy wise I checked it out against my spirit level and a plumb line and it's spot on. If moved it takes a couple of seconds to realign but it's well damped.
I read quite a lot of reviews prior to buying it and one recurring comment was it wasn't very bright. It's really as bright as it can be whilst remaining safe for the users and those around's eyes! If you are planning on using something like this, and this applies really to all makes available, then get some get some laser glasses. These filter away ambient light and allow you to see laser light more readily, alternatively invest in a laser beam detector and use this outside for depthing footings and the like in conjunction with a measuring rule.
The battery compartment door seems well made and shuts positively. The tripod mount is a metal insert and the base has non slip patterning plus rubber grips.
The control panel is pretty foolproof and cycles around the available modes, it always starts in the same mode on power up.
on 5 September 2011
This was bought as an alternative to the (much) more expensive DeWalt laser. I thought it would be a flimsy DIY only unit, but, it has proved to be a very useful addition to my o site tool box.

I am a professional trade user, and have used this level for setting out metal frame ceilings, metal stud work, lining dado rails, setting out pictures, and, because of the very useful plumb function, transferring measured points from floor to ceiling.

Contrary to a previous review, this level does have a lock function, meaning the line can be locked and then tilted to any angle, especially useful for use on stairs. This requires a tripod. Any standard camera tripod with a 1/4" thread will work.

I did find the wall mount a little fiddly to set accurately. It has a stepped height adjustment of about 3 or 4mm increments, where the more expensive blue bosch has a fluid turn wheel to adjust the height more accurately, but it is more than three times the price!

All in all, well worth the money, with more functionality than many of the more expensive models available. Well deserved of 5 stars
on 6 August 2015
Nice sturdy bit of kit but the two problems I have are 1) the lines are not thick enough and 2) the light falls off quite dramatically in daylight, I don't mean outside but inside in the day. I would say you get what you pay for but this is not particularly cheap.
If you are a DIY person this is fine, if you do any site work ( I do a bit of retail work ) then spend the extra £50 - £70 and get the professional type.
on 26 September 2014
Great little level from Bosch - does all you need and ability to lock the cross lines for odd angles and setting out. Recommend you get a tripod to assist with setting up. Not a really bright line so might struggle if used outdoors on a sunny day but very good for all indoor work that I can envisage. Why didn't I get one years ago as it makes setting out so much easier - spirit levels are used much less now but I always make a final check just in case the laser has locked (because I might have pressed the wong setting) rather than self level.
on 8 April 2014
This so far seems to be ideal for our purposes, especially the lock feature.

Only critism the mounting plate that came with the level is rubbish and Bosch need to fire who ever designed it. If I was Bosch I wouldn't put my name to it. The adjustmeant is very poor as you have to really squeeze the clips both sides of the plate to move the level up a series of pre-notched measurements... Can't imagine we will ever use the mount, it's only fit for the recycle bin.

Not tried the laser over distance yet to assess the laser visability.
on 14 September 2010
Useful addition to my DIY equipment. Requires no setup, you turn it on and in a couple of seconds it autoalignes itself, very good coverage.
The addition of an extensible pole would have made it a fantastic product as the provided wall mount requires you to make an extra hole in a wall that many would like to avoid. The pole is available as an accessory.
The only downside I have found is that you cannot lock the level in a position and then tilt it more than 4 degrees (you can but the resulting lines won't be properly aligned).
on 19 October 2015
Best all round laser level I've found, and at a great price.

Suitable for all D.I.Y enthusiasts, and always get's the job done on various construction sites for various installation tasks.

It's not perfect, it can suffer stability issues from air-con vibrations, but with the correct mounting accessories, this can be easily overcome.
on 18 September 2014
The supplied bracket is poor but the device itself is excellent. Horizontal, vertical, combined h/v 'crosshair' and a plumb-line facility all accurate to within half a millimetre over a range of 10 metres. I find it very easy to use and best in conjunction with a camera tripod.
I bought their GLL2.15 bracket which is more robust and has a quick release (magnetic) mechanism.
Not the cheapest on the market but best available for the price I believe. ( £80 and £30 respectively)
on 25 November 2013
One of the few lasers that does cross line and plumb bob feature in 1 unit, great price and great piece of kit, The only thing missing is a magnetic mount