on 2 November 2017
Doesn't inspire me
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 August 2009
It must be three years since I did any form of exercise; I have a weak back, damaged knees and very litle motivation. I've tried exercise videos before and get bored with them. After four of five sessions I usually grow to hate the background music and get annoyed with the happy-clappy instructor shouting at me. They are either too fast for me or patronisingly slow.

I had seen an excerpt of this DVD on Youtube - the warm-up. I was struck by the fact that the instructor was completely silent and the music was so low-key to the point that I didn't notice it (and that's a good thing if, like me, you find that the background music interferes with your hearing). Instead, a calm, informative voice-over explained the movements and the modifications properly. When the credits rolled, I saw that the instructor and 'models' were French, so no wonder there was no shouting or gabbled instructions from the front!

I recognised some of the stretches and movements from my younger fitter days, but they were presented in a gradual slow build up and adapted for the less supple of us. There were one or two movements that I had never come across before, either on a video or at an excercise class - mostly to do with balance and coordination. They were different but do-able. By the time we got to the end of the main session, I recognised that I had just been through a challenging session set at the right pace for me and it left me feeling very pleased with myself.

The exercises are just what I needed to start getting in shape and I liked the low-key way in which they were presented. Have a look on Youtube for the excerpt before you buy and see whether the style of instruction suits you too.
33 Comments| 534 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 May 2017
This keep fit video is great if your getting back into shape and you haven't exercised for a while. Its not intensive like other keep fit ones. For myself found this video lower than my fitness level. I will keep and probably use it more when I'm nearer to 60. I'm 53 and walk alot.Overall its a good video.
on 22 March 2016
great
on 4 August 2011
I like this dvd and it is the first one in a long time that I've seen you can just work at all the way through. I wanted something to stretch my muscles to become more agile, especially as you get older you start to stiffen up and break down!! LOL!
There is a voice over which is fine, other reviews have stated it gets on their nerves but it's not so bad, the music is a bit 'samey' but, again it's ok.
I regularly walk in order to keep fit but the exercies in this dvd help with the problem areas which as we all now (for most women) it's the stomach, legs/thighs. If you're like me then I would recommend this but if you are more agile/fitter then it might not be for you. Great service as usual from Amazon and received this within two days. Enjoy!
on 14 March 2017
This DVD give my wife and I, a nice gentle way to excerise and is helping the stiffness in our knees caused by our arthritis.
on 3 July 2017
I really enjoy this exercise DVD. Although I am not over fifty I haven't exercised for some time. This is a great way to ease back into exercise.
on 4 March 2017
It's ok a bit boring to watch and background jingle music is irritating only completed the exercises once i couldn't get into it
maybe better joining a class
think it is also over priced for the content
on 20 July 2017