on 16 November 2012
I love my coffee.
I require a lot of the machine that makes it.
When I read reviews that say "The coffee was made
very quickly," I think "yes the water goes through
the filter so fast that it doesn't have time to
gather any strength" Which is what happens with our
over priced, ugly, outer space UFO looking apologies
for Coffee Makers/Machines.
THIS ONE'S DIFFERENT!
First of all it makes superb coffee quickly.It doesn't
make a ghastly noise and spit everywhere. The coffee
jug can be filled up to pour into the machine and not
a drop of water is spilled. Ditto when pouring the
piping hot coffee into the cup/mug.
I personally like strong coffee and this machine gives
me the choice of strength via a dial. The first time I
used it, the dial was right up on strong, it was
too strong for me! It remains on 3/4.
It looks very smart. I highly recommend it. It is a
little more expensive than the UFO ones but on Amazon
you usually find an acceptable price.
To sum up, this machine is well mannered, it makes piping
hot coffee at the right strength for you, with no mess
to clear up. The jug is dishwasher safe, and it turns
the switch off after a couple of hours.
I hope that this epistle helps you my friends and I wish
you all many happy hours drinking coffee from your new
Melitta Coffee Machine
22 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 February 2014
Ijust recived the coffee machine today. The package was fine. I wanted to use it and could not get the plug to work! The power connector is included in the pack, but it doe snot work. I asked my friend to help me and we culd not get it to work either. The power plub and the connector do not fit! urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
on 18 February 2017
Very good and reliable coffee machine, and easy to use. With paper filters there is no need for washing up! (nb the coffee spoils if left too long on the hot plate; therefore, if not pouring it all out at once, it is best to switch it off once done).
on 8 April 2012
This is a good machine, it makes great coffee quickly, relatively silently and keeps it warm until auto shut-off kicks in. There is an easy to use dial to fine tune the strength of your coffee on top of the machine.

I find the gap to pour in the water a bit small, but I got used to it after a few days.

I also like the dark red color, very classy and it matches my kitchen, but that of course is personal.

For some reason it is cheaper on the German Amazon site, with free shipping in Europe.
on 11 December 2013
The coffee makers works well. Comes with a German plug, not a UK plug. Should have stated in the title.
on 24 March 2013
Bought this as a replacement for another make of filter machine of which we have had at least four as they kept breaking down (we liked the design!), usually after the warranty had expired! Got the Melitta as the reviews were good and it looked good. Very pleased with it although the red is brighter than it appears in the picture, makes slightly less coffee than our previous model and had to try different strength setting before we got it right. I use 6 flat coffee scoops for a full jug with the strength setting about half way. So far so good, hopefully being German it might last longer!
I've just knocked off 2 stars as after just over 12 months the machine has stopped working, I suspect the heating element has packed up as the power light lit. Surely someone can build a filter machine that lasts more than a year!
on 14 January 2013
This is a beautiful looking coffee maker that works well and is relatively cheap, a rare combination. I used it with Melitta 1x4 filters.

The coffee is just right; and the parts come out easily for cleaning. Features include no-drip if the pot is removed, auto-shut off, and strength control.

The only niggle is that while the reservoir shows water level, the pot doesn't have markers to show how many cups of water you are pouring into it. Once you get the hang of it, no problem.

German engineering at it's best, simple, clean design that works well.
on 1 September 2013
Item arrived well before forecast delivery date. It arrived with a Euro power plug and a UK adaptor. Item looks small compared to other coffee makers of the same capacity. The hotplate is the hottest I've experienced so the coffee is kept piping hot. So far it is working fine, I am still experimenting with the amount of coffee needed to make good strong filter coffee. Only time will tell if is robust and lasts.
on 15 December 2013
I bought this a month or so ago and am very disappointed. If I use the same amount of beans to make the same amount of coffee as I did in my last machine, the taste is very thin. Even on the slowest setting, I think the coffee runs through to fast. I can't think of any other reason. I would have to use twice as much coffee to get a good strong taste. I think I shall buy another of my previous machines and just give up on this one.
Have you noticed how most of the reviews say how good it looks rather than the quality of coffee it makes.
on 11 January 2013
This is an easy to use quality Coffee machine, made by Melitta that makes lovely coffee. The strengh of your brew can be made stronger or weaker by adjusting a selector at the top of the machine. It's reasonably priced and very well made. If you're looking for a Coffee machine then consider buying this. I'm very pleased with mine! 10/10
66 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse