on 15 June 2010
A reasonably priced historically aware performance of St John's Passion. Excellent interpretation from soloists and the boys voices of King's College,Cambridge.
on 31 March 2010
I bought this version of St John's Passion to aid my practice for a coming choral concert. It was better than the copy I had had previously, being clear and orchestrally very beautiful
on 5 February 2016
This is an excellent recording of the St John Passion sung in German. I needed a copy because my choir is singing it in German and the fact that this is an English choir helps to make the words clear. The actual singing is of course a joy to listen to.
on 18 February 2013
I have listened to this several times to help me sing in my choir which is doing this next. Lovely
on 11 March 2016
This is a good recording, but the booklet accompanying it had no translation of the German text. Also, the plastic case quickly disintegrated so that I can no longer store it with my other CD's
on 14 March 2016
I've never been a huge fan of choral music. Personally I would edit all the singing out of it, give each member of the choir a big bag of popcorn to scoff while the orchestra's playing, and rename the piece J. S. Quark's Crunchy Popcorn Sinfonia!! What do you think?
on 22 April 2015
Wonderful purchase first rate performers thank you
on 17 August 2014
Just what I wanted.
on 22 April 2013
I didn't realise this version was sung in German so was not of much use to me as I was learning it to perform in English.
Service and delivery were fine.