Size: 150cm|Change
Price:£94.47+ Free shipping

on 26 February 2012
I looked around and decided the 150cm chain was for me. It gives more flexibility in locking the bike up compared to the 1m version and is not too much heavier.

The lock and chain itself are very well made but quite heavy so beware if you are thinking of carrying it around !! That said it is half the weight of another chain by Almax that I use for my motorcycle. The lock by it's design allows you to attach a Kryptonite Kryptoflex cable to it easily.

I think this chain provides a really good level of security compared to some equally - or more - expensive chains on the market. It can apparently be breached by 41" bolt croppers - though the one shown being cropped in some Youtube videos appears to be the older version which is I think 11mm and this is 14mm ... basically unless a determined thief is out there the average thief with smaller cutters is never going to touch it. I think there is a fair chance they will pick the next bike if you have one of these on display. It is 'Gold' rated and has performed well in many more 'normal' tests on it's abilities. No, not as good as an Almax or Pragmasis chains with Squire padlocks but still very good.

I use mine with Kryptonite's cables to secure the wheels - I know this can be cut through but the combination works for me and the cable fits easily into the design of lock.

I don't think you would want to take this out in a rucksack but it should be fine on a rack or in a pannier. Just try the weight before you buy one if possible.

Edited to add - also look at the Pragmasis 13mm chain and lock. It is cheaper, lighter and made in the UK. I have got one for my other bike and it weighs almost 2kg less than this one whilst allegedly being at least as tough if not more so.
on 13 September 2015
I have recently purchased this chain & lock and as soon as i took it out of the box i felt as if i got the right one.
It is heavy, solid & easy to lock, unlock. The chain looks treated and Stands out as a serious deterrent.
The key has a nice bright blue light that helps in unlit areas at night.
Now i thought about maybe giving 3-4 stars but i concluded that the lock itself imo is definitely worth 5 stars so i have given 5 stars.

The reason why I considered 3-5 stars is because I ordered this item from koo bikes and it took so long to arrive i contemplated sending it back.
It had passed the cut off delivery date. Totally unacceptable. I was very annoyed.

So my advice is if you want a solid chain and lock to keep your bike safe, I recommend this one.
As for ordering it from koo bikes, fahgettaboudit.
on 12 August 2015
After the attempted theft of my bikes I decided to up the security level. Although the previous measures were successful in preventing the theft I opted for this mother of all chains for it's deterrent factor. I'm hoping that anyone taking a look at it will just walk away. There's no stopping the determined and prepared thief, but by making the theft hard work you hope to at least deter the opportunist thief. It's like being chased by a bear. You don't need to outrun the bear, just the other people you are with.
on 9 November 2015
This feels like the lock for me. High crime area and lots of bolt-cutter sliced cables and smashed locks. That drove me to the scale of this chain. It is HEAVY, so not easily portable. But it is solid. Massively so. I hope I don't have to report on ill effects.
on 5 November 2013
We had several bikes stolen over two years and tried numerous locks. They took one look at this and gave up... the chain had been moved so they definitely inspected it... I ended up buying two for each bike - to cover front and back wheels.
on 28 August 2015
First of all, this chain is effectively unbreakable by all the the most well-equipped bicycle thief. That being said there are a number of small issues that buyers should be aware of:

1: It is very heavy. I believe the weight is about 5.5 kg, making it pretty heavy to move around. This also makes it a hassle to actually lock your bike up, as it's not all that easy to get through your spokes and frame. I carry it around with me as I refuse to be a victim of theft, but smaller people might struggle with the bulkiness.
2: Not all the chain links are covered with fabric. This has already resulted in a number of nasty chips in the paintwork of my new mountain bike. Not that it matters a whole heap, but users be careful when locking and unlocking the chain.
3: The lock on mine is a little finicky, even though I've only owned it for about a week. Hopefully it's not symptomatic of more problems to come, I certainly don't want to have to buy an angle grinder to free my bike if the lock goes belly-up.

Aside from those, the lock is all but good. Most bike thefts are crimes of opportunity, and no opportunistic thief is gonna spend the time trying to get through this lock.
on 4 November 2014
I bought this to lock up my dual sport bike at home. I received the 14 mm chain and 15 mm lock and use the chain in combination with a ABU's disc lock and motorcycle cover. The chain is intimidating to look at, which is the whole point, as the idiot contemplating stealing it would probably move over to something easier. I got the 5 feet version, so I can wrap the chain around a street light, small tree, etc. and still be able lock the rear wheel. Only gripe is that the chain is extremely heavy and best left at home or other fixed parking place.

The lock itself can double as a stand-alone disc lock. Very solid and colored yellow to act as a visual deterrent.
on 19 November 2014
Got this to secure my bikes in the shed, the hole thing is big a heavy and would make anyone looking to take to think again. Think it is a home lock rather than one you would carry due to the size and weight. Think if you spend allot on a bike then this is the lock you need and this was the best price I could find.
on 20 September 2013
This is a chain that allows you to lock up anything with confidence. It's a bit too heavy to drag around with you but for home use its perfect.
on 31 August 2014
My motorbike hasnt been nicked yet- its a nice long chain and solid looking piece of lock- but lets see if it works against the scum of london