on 3 September 2009
Bought this for my in-laws grandparents so they can keep in touch with their far-sprung offspring and multiple grandchildren. Works just as intended; not too complicated to setup, very easy to use, and just the right level of video/voice quality - better than my laptop setup even. Now the in-laws are hooked and spend hours on intercontinental ballistic chatting.
Gripes: for what it is, it is too expensive but that's offset by the free Skype service they get. The unit gets a little hot, which is surprising as it's not really a CPU intensive unit, especially in standby. A real keypad would be nice and as a computer user the soft "ABCDE..." format is awkward - but maybe that's the point as it's aimed at non-technical users. But these are minor issues, as the device is perfect for its intended use.
on 20 August 2009
Very satisfied.

I bought the Skype video phone to keep in touch with my parents who are 70+ and complete technophobes. A simple, dedicated piece of kit is exactly what they needed. I spent hundreds on a PC years ago that never got used in the end. There were no alternatives to the Asus solution at the time of purchasing.

I live abroad so the old uns don't get to see me and the grand children as much as they would like. It was easy for a helper to set up and give them instructions on how to use it after I arranged Sky broadband for them. The Quality of the picture I get from them is OK but nothing to write home about. They report a much better image from my side. Suspect upload speed is a big factor. With Skype desktop sharing on my side, I am able to show them videos and pics too - which is fantastic.

Very satisfied here - as are they!
on 9 May 2009
Excellent piece of kit that was easy to set up and even easier to use!
on 2 September 2009
I purchased the Videophone and a broadband connection for a relative abroad. Who does not have a PC.
One important point to know about this product. The manual inside is only a quick set up guide.
Should you have any problems and require further support, you would have to refer to a CD provided.
Although it advertises that no PC is required, you clearly do need one.
I may be stating the obvious to some here. But it does seem a little silly to advertise that no PC required, and give only a CD for troubleshooting.
Apart from that, the phone is very friendly to use.

See one answered question