Customer reviews

Awesome
on 12 February 2016
Really good game
on 25 November 2009
This game is much better than the first part. You can choose between different Transformers and fight as an Autobot or an Decepticon. The fighting skills from the Transformers are very good.
on 2 July 2009
First of all, I'm a big Transformers fan so that may add an element of bias here, but I can't help that. This game looks great, and the voice acting adds a lot to it. I had known beforehand, but was taken by surprise to hear Frank Welker's Megatron when he appeared. If I had one complaint it would be that they didn't let him voice Soundwave too, but the Soundwave they have isn't too bad...

I'd only briefly played the first game so I'm not sure how it compares, but transforming is extremely fluid, and becomes second nature after a while. While not strictly tied to the plot of the movie, it takes out the more outlandish elements and so the storyline progresses just fine.

If you just play this game for the missions on their own you may get bored, there are loads of ways to fight if you have the time to play around, but if you're looking for an all-out action game you might be put off.

What I like about this game the most though is that I have a newfound liking for the characters in the movie who may not have had much screentime, like Sideways and Ironhide. There's alot to unlock too, and to be honest it was only after I started trying to unlock things that I got the most of the game, and the characters themselves.

All I'll say is I like Transformers, I find the game to be great fun, but understandably it mightn't be for everybody.
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2011
Main Issues:
Controls are Clunky
interface is overwhelming
missions have limited objectives
Too many distractions during missions
Too many load interruptions, loading screen is a mess
Game balance, too many enemies (esp at mission 8 of autobots)
Too many stuff to collide with while in transformation.

actually it doesn't seem to be the designer fault or the development teams fault. it seems like Hollywood intervention to rush this game to coincide with the release of the movie didn't leave much time to actually finish the game. it also seems like the multi player was there at the last moment. that what happens when marketing and Hollywood takes charge of the development team.

The interface could have been with less clutter on screen (it has too many stuff to distract u), the controls are very clunky (same button to transform and shoot). they just left alot of stuff that should be solved at earlier stages. the design was rushed and it looks like the transformers models where the main thing they developed, and just added the "missions" as an extra. its like the transformers movie , only good for trailers.

Its a good game if U want to know what not to do in a game. It really looks like they tried to do alot with not enough time or on a limited budget and that's why its not that good. From design pov some really silly mistakes there that not hard to solve (taking too much damage, UI a mess that looks like it "designed by a committee", clunky controls). Hollywood and the marketing department should really let the development team do their thing and not rush them cause it makes for a bad product.

Good effort of the dev team with this tough product all in all, using their own engine to do 3 dif game modes with Hollywood suits rushing them and marketing pushing for features ala, 'we must have a multi player/facebook/achievements' in or 'make it like gears of war',not easy.
on 9 June 2012
its really good although the cheats wont save during game progress or multiplayer.
the multiplayer is really fun and good and addictive.
the graphics are HD and its awesome
on 2 December 2009
Brilliant game - but due to getting me as a young child, in my eyes, anything Transformers can do no wrong. The Autobots are wicked, however after I'd completed it with them, it turns out the Decepticons are even better! The secondary and tertiary objectives add a nice added angle to the missions. The graphics aren't quite like the film i.e. Optimus Prime doesn't quite have the detail that Hollywood injected, but still more than fantastic enough.

All in all, a great Transformers game. If you liked BOTH films (and are therefore dedicated to these robots like me) then you'll love this game. Otherwise, you could be disappointed.
on 23 January 2014
To be truthful and honest, I was let down by this. Being such a huge Transformers fan, I was disappointed by the way this game was created. I cannot fault the visuals, the graphics are top notch. But that's the only good point about it. The controls are extremely complicated and difficult, I attempted to get the feel of them, trying to get used to them, but I simply couldn't. The controls for other Transformer games like War for Cybertron & Fall of Cybertron were for easier and straightforward to use than this. Ever time I thought I was aiming and shooting, I was transforming into vehicle form all the time! I would not recommend this game.
on 27 January 2010
I bought this game in a sale, and i am quite glad I didnt spend huge amounts of money on it. Although it is a fun game to play it leaves alot to be desired at the same time, combat rarely melee, I expect to be able to stand toe-to-toe with at least some of my enemies, even the bosses run around and the ones who dont can kill you in the blink of an eye. Disappointing last mission. Bumblebee talks in the cut scenes without the use of his radio? For kids or a bit of fun, I'd rent this one as a transformers fan.