on 21 January 2012
I have bought these seeds two years in a row now, and always had results. I grown them at home on a window ledge, with only around 6 hours sun at peak summer. If I can grow them, You can too. They are however one of the hardest chillies I have ever grown, even harder than Red Habs and Red Savina (hotter chilli). You can germinate these VERY early and VERY easy if you know how. Trust me, I've had shoots in less than a week. Soak some wet paper towel in water and place your seeds evenly. Cover them over, put in an air tight freezer bag, and pop them some place warm. I just put mine next to the radiator. Two days later, remove and plant a few mm under the soil. Make sure the soil is damp and well drained. Place them wither on a radiator, or next too it. You will get shoots very easy this way. The problem is getting enough sun and warmth to keep them alive ... that I'm afraid is down to you.

I planted them January 1st, and got shoots on the 12th. Even though my red habs are looking great, my chocs are not. I would advise planting Feb-March, and keep them warm and in the sunlight.

These are very hard to grow, but I got 3 plants out of 15 seeds last year. Some of the seeds took two months to sprout, so take your time. They will pop when they're ready :) And remember, just because the plant grows, doesn't mean you will get flowers :) If you are new to hot chillies, try the red or orange habs ... so much easier to grow.

Happy Growing :)
on 8 August 2014
Prompt delivery. 100% Germination. Used sponge style plugs and coco/coir plugs in a propagator and placed on top of fridge to keep them warm. Topped them when they reached about 1 mtr tall in a 5ltr pot on the windowsill!! (hottest UK Summer)

Still waiting for Flowers though, I'm hoping their a late one. Eager to taste them, I'll give you another star if their good!
on 14 May 2011
we purchased several types of chilli seeds from this company,we have a vast ammount of chilli plants growing nicely except...these ones "the chocolate habenero" and the "the white habenero" we expected maybe one or two seeds not to germinate but not THREE packets!
on 1 July 2014
This should have been a fantastic chilli plant with hot chocolate brown coloured pods but instead I bought my seeds from Haddons. They have grown into a tall leggy plant with green bell peppers on them. Exactly the same as the so called Numex twilight and purple cayenne seeds I also bought from this con artist. Clearly they are just sending any old seeds out and not the varieties purchased.Total disappointment. Ruined my growing season as I now don't have the chilli plants I wanted. Wasted time effort and money on caring for and feeding these plants and caused embarrassment as I have given spare plants to other gardeners before the dishonesty of the seller was apparent.
Have emailed the seller to complain but hasn't even bothered to reply
slow postage and poor packaging also
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 April 2012
Grew these the same time last year(2011)as my scotch bonnet chilles, these took a bit later in the year to starting croping. However the flavour was amazing! Didnot get as much chillies but well worth growing if you like chillies with a nice flavour.
on 9 October 2009
Seeds arrived well on time and the seeds all look good condition(no brown or black seeds). Will post an update when I have planted them.

These plants are growing really well and hve started flowering. I just need the weather to get better before letting them fend for themselves out in the open!
on 18 May 2010
I think I managed to coax about half the seeds into life and the seedlings are growing very slowly, but I blame that more on the season than the seed! When you only get 15 seeds you expect more than 50% germination success though.
on 25 June 2011
Very disappointing. Bought these seeds for my husband who is an avid grower of many varieties of chillis. Out of the packet, only 1 germinated!!
on 12 November 2012
I received my 20 seeds and planted all of them. Of the 20 I planted only 4 germinated, and all 4 were very small and aren't growing. This despite that they receive plenty of warmth (about 20-24 C), light (about 7-8 hours of sunlight and artificial lighting on top of that. About 12 hours all in all) and regular watering (I'm careful not to soak them.)
I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy seeds from Haddons.
on 23 June 2012
I bought these seeds and other chilli seeds from haddons and followed all the instructions, warm environment, water but not too much etc, but non of these seeds germinated. I have given them about two months now, so I think it's probably not going to happen now. These must be very difficult to grow. I will stick to plants from now on.