on 12 June 2017
Wasn't brilliant tbh but could of been my lack of knowledge on how to do these properly..
Deffo not but again
on 24 September 2016
arrived very quick very pleased witg lanterns will be ordering again
on 29 October 2013
We have chosen this rating because the product did not live up to claims of being fire retardant. We have used similar products before from our merchants but never this particular product.

On several occasions, the lantern outer (paper part) caught alight and then fell to the ground in flames. This is very poor. In the end, we decided it was no longer safe to continue using this product.
on 8 August 2017
Was cheap but ok
on 11 April 2017
Great
on 5 July 2017
really poor didn't generate enough heat to lift! a let down!
on 18 April 2017
Great- you just need a long lighter to spark it!
Quick delivery and very well packaged. I've had quite a few of this type of lantern in the last year but never from Light a Lantern before. I've had the multicoloured ones which are best in the day I would say so decided to order the all white ones. These come with the fuel cell separate so you have to attach it yourself which is dead easy. Don't forget to take the paper off the fuel cell first! The best way to light the fuel cell is to use one of those long clicker lighters you can buy for a pound from any poundland (other poundshops/lands/worlds are available!)You should light the four corners to get an even flame and this is the easiest way I've found. Hold the paper body up away from the flame (two people make this an easy job) and after 30 seconds you will see/feel the lantern filling with gas. When you feel like it's trying to lift off (after about one and a half to two mins from the fuel cell being fully alight) just let it go straight upwards! We let one go (no jokes please!) the other evening as it was going dark and it was brilliant! We watched it for what seemed like ages. We actually watched it go through some low lying clouds, brilliant!
VINE VOICEon 26 April 2009
Bought these on a whim for my wife's birthday from 'Wish Lanterns' who delivered them well-packed and quickly.

We each lit one, my wife, myself and the two kids (they lit theirs first, of course!)

They were utterly magical and it was fascinating to watch them soaring to quite some height over North London. There'll be few UFO reports in Harrow, I bet and several of the neighbours will be buying them now.

I cannot recommend these highly enough, the kids were thrilled out of their skulls. The lanterns are extremely beautiful and quite some size so you get to watch them float for ages.

These are one of those purchases you will feel really pleased about.
22 Comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2010
This is an excellent product and kids were thrilled. Great for any occassion / function. I would prefer this to loud firecrackers. But dont use this on a windy day and be careful while unwrapping the lantern. Will certainly be buying more (coloured ones as well).