on 18 April 2013
I really liked the concept behind the Gentle Giraffe (and sleep sheep) but my baby didn't find the noises very soothing or engaging.

THE GOOD: Super cute, very soft and has a white noise player built in the backside. Has a volume control and automatic shut off. Has a velco strap which can be used to attach to the crib so as to keep baby safe (it's recommended that babies under 1 year do not have any stuffed animals in the crib due to suffocation risks). I'm sure that many babies respond well to the white noise. It's well made and can be washed.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD: The white noise didn't do anything for our baby - I'm not sure if this was because it couldn't be turned up very loud or what. She did respond to the white noise mobile app (with things like train noises and running water). The white noise on the giraffe kind of drove me a little nuts - the jungle one is cute but it's on a loop and the track is only a few seconds long.
on 17 April 2016
His name is 'George', and for the past 5 months he's been a lifesaver, getting our little one to fall asleep within minutes. We take him with us everywhere we go, especially on vacation. We switch between 4 or 5 of the melodies, and each one of them works perfectly in sending her off to dreamland. We didn't purchase it via Amazon but received it as a gift and we're SO happy with this giraffe. Just wanted to share our experience as we love this giraffe, and he's cute as a button too! Would definitely recommend.
on 6 May 2013
We used to use a Ewan the sheep but it never lasted long enough and you only had to volumes were as this one you can set it to what ever volume you like! I already have to of these at nanas house out in the states where he first feel in love with it and I was very please to see you could also get them over here (and in a bigger more cuddly design! Harry loves it and carries it around the house with him and is always snuggled into it when I check on him at night! Highly recommend!
on 15 August 2012
I am 20 years old, and live with my partner. He works as a chef, and often gets in late (around 2 - 3am). When he does so, he wakes me up for a chat, and falls asleep really fast because he is exhausted! I am left wide awake as I've had a couple of hours sleep, and lights on = no sleep for me!
The gentle giraffe has been the answer to my prayers. My favourite is the jungle noises one. I'm not very keen on the water one, sounds a bit like radio fuzz when you cant find a station. But the jungle and safari ones are awesome. Best buy ever!!!
on 23 October 2013
Pros: cute, cuddly (of you remove the sound box), most of the sounds are nice, baby seems to like the sound, toddler loves the sound of Africa.

Cons: sound box is huge, clunky and awkward to turn on and off. My toddler turns Ewan the sleep sheep on herself when she needs comfort, this one takes adult intervention.
on 7 September 2014
We love our giraffe! One of the longest duration white noise players we found. We take it everywhere to keep her routine the same, seems to help as our little one is a great sleeper. Wish we'd had this earlier (we had a lionheart bear that only lasted 5 mins). We hang him on our daughters door handle so we can nip in and restart it (press the button again before it finishes to restart the timer) if we're doing anything that might be a bit noisy (especially during daytime naps). Been recommending this to every new parent!
on 3 November 2013
Purchased for a friend as a gift. She tells me that the twins love the sounds and it is played every time they are put in their cots to go to sleep.
Very smoothing sounds. nice quality giraffe.
Ideal gift for a new born to grow with.
on 27 March 2014
I've given this 3 stars only because it does sooth my daughter to sleep but I found it to be very poor quality. The stitching came undone exposing the stuffing and the velcro fastener completely detached (this was not caused by pulling as it was not accessible to touch in the cot) I have repaired it myself and am much happier knowing it is completely secure. However I probably won't but another product from cloud b as a result of the poor quality
on 29 February 2016
My other grandsons had one. It always settled them. When our newest grandson arrived, I got him one and it is a success.
on 13 July 2016
Good quality - now to determine if it delivers 'what's on the tin' when the baby arrives