Songs For My Mother
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 March 2009
Ronan Keating is an extremely talented individual. I have been a fan for many years from his work with BOYZONE as well as all of his solo releases!
He's a great peformer who unfortunately is not even recognized here in the US. I realize the taste in music tends to differ here! I have passed on much of his work to friends who had never heard of him and they too are now fans!
I lost my Mother from Alzehimer's disease this past summer and respect Ronan for this release dedicated to his Mom! My Mother would have LOVED
this CD! The songs that he picked were great and sung with his voice, could NOT be done wrong! Some individuals may find the music slightly boring (most are slow tempo) and prefer his more upbeat "rock" tunes.
Please give this music a try! It's nice to see this side of Ronan as well!
As for his new work with BOYZONE...it "ROCKS"
I truely wish others here in the States would come to appreciate this
great artist!
Thanks Ronan for more great music and will continue to be your fan looking
forward to more great releases from you in the future!
6 people found this helpful
on 14 July 2009
For starters I will say I'm a huge Ronan fan. Can't help but notice how nearly all the bad reviews come from apparant Ronan haters. So if you're familiar with and like Ronan and his type of music you'll like this cd. The story behind the cd is a poignant one of memories of his mother. My only reason for giving this cd 4 stars instead of 5 is the choice of two of the songs. Personally I feel R. Kelly's "I believe I Can Fly" has been so overdone that a better choice could have been put in it's place on the cd. The only other song I didn't feel was right was "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis. I love you Ronan, but I think it was a bad choice to even consider touching this one. Overall the remaining songs on this cd are beautifully done and enjoyable to listen to.
on 18 October 2015
Arrived on good time - it's mostly slow and not very popular songs that you would find on any other of his CDs so good to buy if you want a different set of his songs.
on 23 April 2009
I am not a fan of Ronan Keating but the songs on this album are so so beautiful. They are well chosen and well executed by him. I've just been listening to "Mama's Arms" and find myself crying because my darling mum died in February of this year. I miss her terribly and can do nothing about the missing. However it helps to be able to listen to music like this particularly when it has been recorded by someone who has also lost his mother.
One person found this helpful
on 17 May 2009
First of all, my congratulations to Ronan on this, his best album yet. It is really great that he released it for mothers day, my mother would have loved this if she had still been with us.the songs are well chosen and i don't care what anyone says, he is a really gifted singer. i listen to this on my i pod, in the gym, on my bike, and walking or running. can't wait for the great North Run so he can be with me and help me along with his thoughts of his mum. ronan you are a credit to your Mum and Ireland. Bill R, North East.
on 3 April 2009
I had this cd for Mother's day . I loved it and I think that Ronan has done his mam proud. I lost my own mother some weeks ago and some of these songs were also her favourites.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 December 2011
This again is another CD worth Purchasing. The Vocals are great and it just shows you the capacity of this guy to produce such pleasant listening music. I would highly recommend this CD to be purchased if you want to listen to a professional vocalist.
on 26 December 2009
A selection of beautiful and emotional songs that make up a lively and rich album. Music really is a universal language. 5 stars for the album and the man behind it.
on 28 March 2009
I got this CD for Mother's Day, and now that I've read that these songs were for Ronan's mother who died of cancer makes it all the more special. I love every song on this CD - it's not often that I get a CD where I like all the songs. It's brilliant - don't hesitate to buy this CD.
18 people found this helpful
on 1 December 2011
A nice MP3 Download with some interesting songs. Would recommend to any Ronan Keating fans. Bought it for the "I believe I can fly" track but found some of the others equally fascinating.