on 5 July 2010
My problem was that the walls of room with the router in and the rest of the house are stone and the house itself is quite large so i had constantly low and dropping connection which was driving me mad!! I checked around and saw this, I know that there are other brands on here but after some research on this and the Hercules website this seemed to be the most reliable choice.

Once I got it out the box I was expecting it to take a while to set up....I was so wrong, It comes with the two plugs, stick one in near your router, plug the network cable into your router and the other end into your eplug, then put the eplug into your wall power socket ( I suggest avoiding multi plugs, go for a direct wall connection for best results). The other end put where ever you want around the house, where you will be using your laptop or pc and then use the other network cable to plug into your pc or laptop and turn on. That's it!! (Just make sure your wireless isn't auto searching or it might take over and you'll get your less than great wirless connection still) Seriously I have no idea why I had not got one of these a long time ago...and why everyone isn't using them. I can only think that they live in either a very small studio flat or a new build light walled place. Even then I'd still get one to ramp up your speed. It's awesome!!!! You can get extra plugs I believe to put additional connections around the house too.

UPDATE 01/01/11 - Still Working great, going to get another one or another set as it works brilliantly with our Sony BDPS370 Blu-ray Player and we have had great quality bbc iplayer usage with it. Def recommend even more now. If you like the review, give me a thumbs up please. Any questions, just ask. Video Review showing router and plug to wall link up just added.
44 Comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2012
They work really well and instructions do say to turn everything off so they can power-save when not in use. However, if like most of us, you do not switch your PC off at the wall, they will remain active and a touch reveals they run quite hot. Enough for me to have 3 units fail. Ebay sales of single units suggest this may be a regular occurrence.
Bottom line: they work very well, but appear to have a lifetime
on 2 January 2017
I struggled to set them up even though I followed the instructions (I work in I.T.). They seem to lose connection with each other so I had to re-initilise them from time to time. The issue was finally resolved when one went bang (literally) after a few months.
on 28 November 2011
thank you for a great product.saved me a lot of space and headache.keep up the good work.my name is ahmad.
on 4 July 2014